BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: Is Codex Crimson Slaughter worth it?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - Just what the Chaos doctor ordered!

44 59.46%
  • No - Move along, nothing to see here citizen...

30 40.54%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch's Dark Agent View Post
    There are no broken combos in 6th.
    You wanna try that one again, slick?

Chapter-Master

Sorry, that made me giggle a little. Chaos Terminators are the best? Why don't we see them on the table, like, at all then? :P
    Because Terminators in general are pretty bad. Chaos Terminators are one of the least terrible options, though. Grey Knights, and to a lesser degree THSS Terminators, are the only other ones that really qualify as good.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

wow man, calm the hell down. Where is the whining?

Or do you really think a pair of comments about artificer armour to be "whining"

edit: seriously your post is the most aggressive thing in this thread
    That's probably because I'm shouting the Crimson Slaughter warcry.

Also, I don't have enough time to scour through every post finding any mention of someone going "why is it not the Legions blahblahblah"

You wanna try that one again, slick?
    Yeah sure. I've beat Taudar on multiple occasions, have bested the Necron Deathstar, felled a Knight Titan with a Powerfist, shot down a Heldrake with one snap firing Lascannon (and I did the same to a Daemon Prince who was Enfeebled and a Stormraven carrying Crowe, and the ensueing explosion killed him), destroyed the Grey Knights, slaughtered a full wound Wraithknight with one of my Imperial Knights on 1 hull point, etc etc.

Nothing is unstoppable, you just have to know how best to kill them and actually play the game.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

slaughtered a full wound Wraithknight with one of my Imperial Knights on 1 hull point
    Wow... what an accomplishment... I mean rolling at least one 4+ followed by a 2+ with only 3 attacks is a heroic deed...

Nothing is unstoppable, you just have to know how best to kill them and actually play the game.
    Half of the Stuff you mention is pure luck (or do you plan to snapkill heldrakes as "best" core tactic to kill them?) and the other half is just statistics.

Now, without further dues, as I do have some time on my hands here are some of the Legion moaners' posts:

Like every other chaos player I know I would have much rather seen a legion book of some kind. It seems the typical gw attitude of f@#k chaos is still ever present... particularly after the current knight fiasco. (Crossing our fingers for a daemon Knight or some chaos usable variant)
    I'm excited and angry about the new artifacts. I'm excited they exist, are super fluffy, are useful and bring more builds to the table. But I'm angry THAT THEY WEREN'T IN THE MAIN CSM DEX IN THE FIRST PLACE!!! Tzeentch is the god of fate/time/prophecy and his sorcerers get access to Divination now? What?
    CON
    Except 2 relics the rest is useles IMHO
    no relics viable for DEmon princes
    No other characterization of chapter
    SEmi-unkonw chapter(REALLY GW? IRON WARRIOS , NIGHT LORDS,ALPAHA LEGION !!!!)
    as Chaos marines, only 1 kind of LR and no other tranport apart the ridocolus rhino(i mean can't we trade that **** with some chimeras?)
    It's nice overall, more options for Chaos are great, but it's still yet another example of GW not handling Chaos correctly. All of these artifacts are lovely but should have been in the main codex, or have been made available to them. Forcing us to pick and choose between supplements just to get access to a few items (whereas something like a 2+ armour save really should have been in the main codex) is just being a dick.
    Seems GW are hell bent on not doing the chaos legions as a standalone codex. So no Death guard, World eaters, Thousand Sons or Emperors Children. Rumours are Crimson Slaughter are next.
    Still no legions? So still no money GW-morons. Who cares about the next renegades.
    Come on guys I think GW are really missing the mark here with this release. Sure it's going to be cool if proven, but we all know what will happen if and when the big 4 get their own codex/supplement. The excitement from the fans will be massive. I don't know their plans or release schedule but I do know what the majority of players in my area do want to see in the form of chaos supplements and judging by what's written over the internet they aren't alone in clamouring for the Legions / God Aligned rules.
    Boo that it isn't the Legion or God-Specific stuff we've been SCREAMING about for YEARS.
    So, no retooling of much. We'll probably get some wargear and some IC shenanigans and... continue to despair. Awesome.
    Now, before people who don't play Chaos Marines are quick to fob off complaints about new releases, here's a scenario I'd like them to consider for a moment:

Imagine that what you really, REALLY want above all else is a holiday to, let's say, Cancun (as a randomly picked example). You've been wanting this for, say, 7 years now. And on a regular basis, you've been stating this fact quite clearly to your family/friends/significant other/whoever is the one to facilitate this.

Now, imagine that, on no less than 3 occasions to date, your family/friends/significant other/whoever is the one to facilitate the holiday has come to you and said 'Okay, I know you're really wanting a holiday - so I've booked as a trip to Anchorage/Montreal/Vermont/anyplace which is as far removed from where you're actually wanting to go on vacation as possible'! Yes, you'd be a bit disappointed, wouldn't you?

Then, you get wind that your family/friends/significant other/whoever is the one to facilitate the vacation are planning another trip - and you pick up suggestions that, yes this time they have finally LISTENED and PAID ATTENTION to what you ACTUALLY WANT, and are planning that vacation to Cancun!

But then - lo and behold - the new vacation is announced, and again, it's not Cancun, it's nowhere that's anything like Cancun, again it's somewhere that's the opposite to it - not warm and sunny, but cold and icy.

So if that was you, let down all those times before despite having made your express wishes very clear, you'd be forgiven for complaining about it, wouldn't you?

Quite obviously, this scenario relates to Chaos Marine players - what the overwhelming majority of us have been saying for the last few years is that we want rules to represent the Chaos Legions as they now exist in 40k, and we want them to not only play like they truly capture the feel of that, we want them to be effective in games (so we're not just reliant on Heldrake-Cultist spam anymore).

Now, there is NO WAY that the GW design team can say they don't know about this desire - I attended Games Day in 2011 and 2012, and spoke to Jervis, Mat Ward and Phil Kelly and stated this fact to them. *In fact I spoke to Phil Kelly when the current Chaos 'dex had just been announced, and we talked about representing Legions, and he pretty much said he had written it with players being able to field forces representing the Legions in mind (Sadly Phil, it didn't live up to your intentions...).

So it's not like GW doesn't GET what Chaos players are wanting for their army. It's just... I don't know if they're ignoring it, or have some misguided idea about what is better for Chaos Marines in 40k they're working towards.

Now, I should make it clear that, although I'm a Chaos Marine player, my army isn't a Legion one, so it's not like I'm wanting Legion rules for my army - but having played through two average and no better Chaos Codices since 2007, I can totally appreciate why the vast majority of Chaos players want these Legion rules.

At the same time, yay for a new Chaos model, but it's a shame it's for a unit which isn't as good as it could be... I'm waiting for the rumoured Plastic Obliterators with more anticipation than the Helbrute...

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch's Dark Agent View Post
    Now, without further dues, as I do have some time on my hands here are some of the Legion moaners' posts:
    Your point?

I've said this a couple times now, complaining about other people complaining is just more complaining, and you're really just fanning the fires. People come to the Internet to vent, it's easy, they get to remain anonymous, and sometimes they'll find those with similar opinions. If you can't handle that, well, what are you complaining about?

Anonymous? When you have a name?

Seems legit.

Brother-Captain

There was whining, the whining was denied, evidence of whining was provided, and the whining has been proven to exist.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by bfmusashi View Post
    There was whining, the whining was denied, evidence of whining was provided, and the whining has been proven to exist.
    I guess you cant read either mate. Of the above 10 quotes, 4 of then are from this thread (which has 30+ posts) and two of those are taken out of context to make them appear worse.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by bfmusashi View Post
    Also... There was whining about the whining, the whining about the whining was denied, evidence of the whining about the whining was provided, and the whining about the whining has been proven to exist.

Can we continue with the conversation about the supplement now?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast