BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Do Helkdrakes Vector Strike like FMCs???

I have a dilemma, in my meta loads of ppl spam helldrakes.
    For an FMC like a crone orna flyrant to vector strike u have to fly OVER a unit right.
    Now the helldrake is a flyer and can vector strike. Does it have to move completely over a unit or does it auto vector strike if a part of itsbhull is over a model?? The thing is its a vehicle and vehicles just need any part of their hull to be over a unit.
    Im not sure and im hoping someone could clarify this please.

And its a big hull at that so its really easy to get any part of its wingspan(since its a vehicle it does count unlike us were our wings dont count since they dont count for LoS.)

Chapter-Master

Part of the Heldrake's hull must start on one side of the vehicle, pass completely over it, and end on the far side of the vehicle.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

So if it wants to vector strike my flyrant atleast PART of its hull must pass COMPLETELY over the flyrant to vector strike it, not just on top of the flyrant?

Chaplain

Well a flyrant is linked to it's base - so it would have to be over any part of the base, and a heldrake is a model such that it's wings are considered part of it's hull iirc. So as long as any part of the hull goes over the flyrant - it counts. Obviously fliers can't curve their flight path, but taking angles into account, it should be possible to just tag it with any part of the hull and still count. The entirety of the model is not required to go over it, any part should suffice, as long as it can still remain 1" away.

Chapter-Master

The 1" thing works differently with Flyers, so you don't even really have to worry about that.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

So basically, if even a part of the helldrake goes over the model, ur *****d right?....hence why helldrakes are still the bosses of the air ladies and gentlemen....so u technically have to stay about 37"-38" away from his table edge when they cme out of reserve if u dont wanna be vector striked....

And what about on a crone which as the models clearly shows isnt linked to the base, its more like a flier than an FMC model to base wise.

Chapter-Master

Unlike Flyers, you use the base of the FMC. Simple as that.

Chapter-Master

Also, no, the Heldrake can't just strike anything in 36" range. Again, as I said earlier, it has to actually end its movement on the far side of the model. It can't just stop with the wing tip physically above the model. It has to pass all the way over it. So you can be at 35" and you can't be hit. Larger models can be much closer. A Rhino can probably be within 30" and be safe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast