BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

it depends on how purist you are.

proxy models left right and centre until you get the feel; save £££$$$.

lots of other figure manufacturers are far cheaper for basic start off packs.

You can make a really cool and hard to beat Pace Marine army with power armor spam.

Six tacticals and three devastators, thats 90 (!) power armor on the table, and you can do that at 1850 points.

Never underestimate power armor spam.

Hint: The key to their success is "Shall know no fear" and "Combat Squads".
    To will, to know, to dare, to win.

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Filthspew View Post
    You can make a really cool and hard to beat Pace Marine army with power armor spam.

Six tacticals and three devastators, thats 90 (!) power armor on the table, and you can do that at 1850 points.

Never underestimate power armor spam.

Hint: The key to their success is "Shall know no fear" and "Combat Squads".
    This is actually very true. I played a 91 marine list (6 10 man tac squads and 3 10 man dev squads w/1 captain.)all the way through 5th edition and did very well. Most marine lists average 50-60 models. They have a difficult time contending with an additional 30-40 suits of power armor. Gives you a large number of heavy weapons also...It is possible to put an army like this together very inexpensively if you shop ebay and poke around your lgs...the tac squads from Dark Vengeance are all around and people tend to be willing to part with their extras for beans... I built my last 91 model army entirely from the tac squads from the previous starter box (battle for macragge) so i had all missile launchers...but if you combat squad that up, you wind up with 12 combat squads able to lob a missile down range and 6 more that are purely scoring combat squads...lot of 3+ armor saves...
    "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." Douglas Adams

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234