BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Thread: Daemons

Veteran-Sergeant

Default Daemons

I'm thinking about scrapping my Nids and starting a Chaos Daemons Army once the 2nd wave of PLASTIC minis comes out.

Can somebody post some of the stats and rules for the minis to give me a good representation of what they are all about
    No this world is theirs!

Uh ... not without putting the forum at unnecessary legal risk, not really.

Chapter-Master

Yeah, posting large quantities of actual rules is kinda a no-go.

Basically, Daemons fall into 5 catagories, one for each of the gods and one for generic stuff like Soulgrinders.

Khorne is brutal in combat. Lots of attacks and lots of power weapons. Furious Charge is standard, as is very high WS. Typically have MEQ or better stats. They have average initiative and little shooting or fleet, however.

Slaanesh is also combat focused, but in a different way. They have lower toughness and saves and few power weapons, but lots of Rending attacks and very, very high Initiative (Daemonettes are I6, Keeper of Secrets is I10), as well as Fleet. Once again, they have little shooting.

Nurgle is defensive. High toughness, FNP, etc. Not very potent in CC, and little shooting, but tough to kill.

Tzeentch is the shooty god. High Invulnerable saves, lots of anti-infantry shooting, but generally very poor in CC.

Then there are some units that are flexible. Daemon Princes and Soulgrinders, specifically. Daemon Princes are similar to Chaos DP's, though not quite as good. They have tons of options, and can fill a lot of catagories. Soulgrinders are the only vehicle in the list. High armored walkers with Daemonic possession makes them pretty tough, but they only ever have one shooting weapons with a poor BS. Good distraction, though.

In general, the army is CC focused and pretty random. They must deepstrike, and have special rules for deployment. There is fairly little shooting, unless you spam Tzeentch units. And most of that shooting is anti-infantry. Daemons have a tough time against tanks, and often need to take them down in CC. Fortunately you can get lots of Monstrous Creatures for fairly reasonable prices.

Edit: And this should probably go in the General Discussion section. The Rules section is for clarifying rules issues.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Thread Locked. Darklink has given all the information that should be given.
    Integrity without knowledge is weak and useless, and knowledge without integrity is dangerous and dreadful. - Nathanael Greene