BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default No Stats on Horus, Please!

It occurs to me that I HOPE that they DON'T write stats for Horus. There are some things that should just be left behind the curtain. Horus fought the Emperor within an inch of his life. That tells me that Horus is nearly as powerful as the Emperor... i.e., if we have Horus' stats we also pretty much know the Emperor's power level.

Once you have stat lines you start being able to mathhammer the mystery and joy out of the central storyline of the 40K universe: "I could kill the Emperor with X number of Carnifexes or Y number of Storm Ravens." It kills the mystery.
    Looking for a game in the San Antonio area? You can find me here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/175757472448931/

There's already Stats for 'regular' Horus in Betrayal.....

I say regular, on that's not him hopped on Warp Snuff!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

They've already written stats for Horus :P First Forgeworld Heresy book.

Although, to be fair, it's frequently noted that Horus was pumped up to the 9s on HERESY when he fought the Emperor, so we haven't seen stats on that version of him yet.

Right, we have have his early on stats... not his Final Battle stats... those are the one I think they should NOT reveal (for the above stated reasons).
    Looking for a game in the San Antonio area? You can find me here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/175757472448931/

They've already written Horus's stats, they're in HH Volume 1. As it goes, he's pretty beastly, with some very nifty tricks (each assault phase he can divide his attacks between his mace and the Talon, for example). You also have to take into account, just because he gets knocked out on the field, doesn't mean he's truly beaten-- tactically he might have been neutralized as a threat for the moment, but he's almost certainly not dead, and you had better hope you've secured your objective and have extraction on the way by the time he stands back up.
    Thank you for voxing the Church of Khorne, would you like to donate a skull to the Skull Throne today?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Copeland View Post
    Right, we have have his early on stats... not his Final Battle stats... those are the one I think they should NOT reveal (for the above stated reasons).
    Seeing as they're doing the whole Heresy it'd be hard to not stat him out when he's running on FULL POWAH. They also said they plan to do the Daemon Primarchs too.

Brother-Sergeant

He'll be over 9,000 for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Copeland View Post
    Once you have stat lines you start being able to mathhammer the mystery and joy out of the central storyline of the 40K universe: "I could kill the Emperor with X number of Carnifexes or Y number of Storm Ravens." It kills the mystery.
    Well, you could kill him with enough Carnifexes or Stormravens. Dude was crazy powerful but he wasn't invincible - if he had been, he wouldn't have been rotting on the Golden Throne for ten thousand years, now would he?

Brother-Sergeant

The Emperor ain't dead, e's just pining for the fjords.
    Anuvver triumph uv orky know-wotz!

Quote Originally Posted by SquigBrain View Post
    The Emperor ain't dead, e's just pining for the fjords.
    Beautiful plumage on that Emperor!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast