BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Toughest opponent for an Eldar army?

Merry monday everyone!

What is the army you are struggling most to demolish with you Eldar army? Or what is the army you find most difficult to outmaneuver?

I myself, seem to have hard time against the Necrons mostly. The flying donuts and the resurrections seem to kill my plans of decent victory. Itīs been a long time, since i faced them, because after the last game, i got so fed up with them. I asked my friend to field his Orks, CSM, Daemons or Tyranids next time, but not the Necrons...but itīs been a while and i believe the "slumber" is over and iīve gotten better with the 6th ed codex, so letīs see, hoping to face them next week!

- Lost Vyper
    "WHAT KIND OF A PEACE
    DO I HAVE WITH A DESTROYER"

I'll concur with the Necrons. The mass flyer spam provides them an easy and effective means of air superiority against pretty good flyers. And their ability to deposit troops on the move makes them potentially more mobile than our Eldar. Reanimation Protocols make it hit or miss, from shooting I don't find it that hard to mow down. But it's easy to make a tactical error, like finding there are only 4 Necrons left in a unit and charge with a Wraithknight to stomp them out, then find he's been tarpitted cause they just won't die.

Though I do think Tau could be up there as a problem, I just haven't faced that many Tau armies recently.

Chaplain

I'm not to keen on Nurgle Space Marines.
    I usually beat them, but they are a difficult opponent to finish off.

Tau, yeah, thank the godz, no one plays them in our FLGC...FNP can also be a b****, but at least you donīt get that to double S -shots...thatīs why Reanimation is way more overpowered IMHO...
    "WHAT KIND OF A PEACE

Chaplain

Thing is, Nurgle Plague Marines are T5, so I have very few wepons that I field where they don't get Feel No Pain.

I don't know what you field but with bladestorm and needing 5+ to wound with non-cannon ones it makes doom or the warlord trait that gives the rerolls really deadly. I haven't played a nurgle player in a while but with windriders and dire avengers i tend to make short work of high toughness models.

Chaplain

I don't have much difficulty against Necrons, I do run a few bright lances which help against their AV13 vehicles. Scatter serpents tend to do well against their donuts, that av 11 doesn't stand up much against scatter serpents in my experience.

I have real trouble against Tigurius teleporting around with gate and a bunch of grav centurions, simply because the grav weapons bypass all the defensive capabilities of our vehicles. They also do a number against Wraith units.

The army giving me the hardest time is the Sisters of Battle. Half of that army has Str 8 missiles or melta weapons. Even with shields up and jink saves they still glance off a lot of hull points. Then after wrecking my tanks the rest of the army has flame throwers! Those don't make Space Elves happy.

Jump infantry with flamers is also BAD...if hiding in ruins, they can choose WHICH floor to flame...hence, use all the floors available ...main reason why donīt use Rangers so much anymore...
    "WHAT KIND OF A PEACE