65 31.71%
  • I play both casually and competitively

36 17.56%
  • I go to all the tournaments I can

3 1.46%
  • What's 40K?

3 1.46%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Oh, yeah, for sure. The atmosphere at my local GW is unrecognisable from that of the internet.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

anecdotal i know, i went down to one of my old games club that used to be a staunch 40k/wfb group - with some odd stuff chucked in for flavour - epic / battletech / etc.

still a healthy group and running a 40 player 40k event in august

but club night

4 guys playing x-wing; drooling over the two new packs - i went for a looksee at the game - [bring the micrometer !]

2 guys playing dark age skirmish [SAGA]. certainly having the most fun and on a budget

8 guys playing serious warmachine ... i mean serious... only one army fully painted; but oh; the cards, the tokens, the markers, the use of a wildly accurate flailing diy size tape measure!

a few guys floating drinking beer and swapping / buying stuff - terrain / books / models etc.

im still of the opinion that with some house mods or some tournament mods 40k is a great game but the majority have moved on.

Chaplain

I play as often as I can, but my work dictates that to be somewhat sporadic.
    I probably get in 25 games a year. Although they could be seven games in one month and nothing the following month.
    I do not play nor have any intention of playing in Tournaments.

I collect and paint constantly.

My Army List varies from game to game.
    I've got +20K Eldar painted and based and I obviously would like to field all of them, clearly Points restraints mean I have to pick and choose what to include. That means I usually field themed Lists, dropping Units in and out as the mood takes me.
    I cannot stress enough though, that I do not tailor my lists in any way.

I have fielded everything once though, last Easter in a massive Apocalypse Weekend.
    It felt good...

i think the poll shows that 50% of ppl arent really wargamers at all they are just artists.

Chapter-Master

But, yes, there are slightly more collectors than I thought there would be.

- - - Updated - - -

You have to be very careful about prematurely drawing conclusions. I noticed a lot of the collectors mentioned that they didn't play because they didn't have anyone to play against. That alone warrants a follow-up, and there are a few other questions I would add to a study before drawing any real conclusions from this number.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Brother-Sergeant

I play a couple of times a year, but I paint nearly every day so I'm more of a collector.

I have five armies (six counting the new Imperial Knights I'm collecting). I don't worry about collecting to a specific point value, optimal unit or army compositions, or the balance of the newest codex. I just paint the models I like and cobble together forces when I decide to get into a game.

I don't win very often, but that's not why I'm involved in the hobby...

I dunno, man, this squares absolutely with my experience of the community at large.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Librarian

The only reason I play 40k is because I have friends/bandmates/roomates who do it, If these people werent around I would NOT choose to play with random people I dont know

This to me says that Reese's Pieces or whatever his name is blows smoke out of his *** a lot of the time and people just blindly follow with the GW hate that is so common on here and other sites and that most of the people who collect 40K figures don't actually go outside and play.

You might do do your math again...

16 people ONLY collect.
    69 play SOMETIMES. Yes. Even they are playing, but rarely.
    86 People play FREQUENTLY.

how is 16 people which are
    the people who collect 40K figures don't actually go outside and play
    in any mathematical system the MAJORITY? Oo

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast