• I play both casually and competitively

36 17.56%
  • I go to all the tournaments I can

3 1.46%
  • What's 40K?

3 1.46%
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Not to mention, as I said literally four posts before yours Orange, that a lot of the people who posted saying that they didn't play very often did so because they didn't have anyone to play against, not because they didn't want to. Drawing ill-educated conclusions like yours is one of the great dangers of statistics. It's the reason idiots still think red meat is bad for you, or that you swallow 8 spiders per year while sleeping. Plus, if you'd've ever met Reece in real life for a few minutes, you would feel bad about talking **** about him because he's just generally an awesome guy.

- - - Updated - - -

Not to mention the small, isolated sample size. Anyone with a decent understanding of polling and statistics will immediately know that this is not exactly a valid survey, more just an interesting little experiment.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Veteran-Sergeant

I play about once a month on average which I consider casual. However I spend more time making or updating existing models. I also try to build fluffy armies rather than just going for something that is effective but makes no sense in terms of the background.

That said, while I won't buy anything I think is ugly I also won't buy anything that has rubbish rules. I've got a limited budget and can't afford to buy stuff that will be next to useless on the table.

I also care about the rule set and think that while much of the core of 6th ed is better than previous editions, a lot of the supplements have just made the game worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    You might do do your math again...

16 people ONLY collect.
    69 play SOMETIMES. Yes. Even they are playing, but rarely.
    86 People play FREQUENTLY.

how is 16 people which are

in any mathematical system the MAJORITY? Oo
    [Comment removed [url]http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/faq.php?faq=termsmaster#faq_bolsrules][/url]

Reese's Pieces is a GW hater and that's fact.

Also the supplements kick ***, Chaos is beyond viable now and is a cho-cho train of rape between the Nurgle Lord with Daemon Heart and Siphon Soul coupled with Precognition with your Sorcerers, you are going to make armies cry. Hellbrute formations kick ***, coupled up with some Turkeys and Chaos will run train on the blue people.
    Last edited by Wolfshade; 03-24-2014 at 09:20 AM.

Chaplain

Insulting someone who has a different opinion than you will not help you win an argument/debate.
    Last edited by Wolfshade; 03-24-2014 at 09:22 AM.

Chapter-Master

*maths

There's an s...

- - - Updated - - -

*maths

There's an s...

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

*maths

There's an s...
    Apologies. Maybe we should have a conversation in my native language?
    Last edited by Wolfshade; 03-24-2014 at 09:22 AM.

Occuli Imperator

Natürlich..

Disagree, certainly, but do not resort to insults.

Here are the Ts & Cs if in any doubt
    [url]http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/faq.php?faq=termsmaster#faq_bolsrules[/url]
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master

Apologies. Maybe we should have a conversation in my native language?
    Oh if you're translating to English I'll forgive you.

Chapter-Master

Reese's Pieces is a GW hater and that's fact.
    So you've met him before, and known him for longer than I have (been about... five or six years for me, I think?), and he acts completely differently around you than me or any of the other people who we're mutually acquainted with?

Also the supplements kick ***, Chaos is beyond viable now and is a cho-cho train of rape between the Nurgle Lord with Daemon Heart and Siphon Soul coupled with Precognition with your Sorcerers, you are going to make armies cry. Hellbrute formations kick ***, coupled up with some Turkeys and Chaos will run train on the blue people.
    The relics are solid, but the formations are not particularly special, mainly because they still require you to take a Helbrute. Nothing changes the fact that CSM troops are pretty terrible, so no matter how good the army is otherwise, it's going to have some fundamental weaknesses. Though Fearless cultists is pretty neat.

- - - Updated - - -

I've got a friend who had a career working with CEOs and such internationally, and he mentioned that hands down, the most self-centered, arrogant business men worldwide were all from the UK, at least until he told them "hey, dumbass, I'm going to make you this much money", and then suddenly they'd be all friendly. Totally unrelated to anything else in the thread .
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    S
    I've got a friend who had a career working with CEOs and such internationally, and he mentioned that hands down, the most self-centered, arrogant business men worldwide were all from the UK, at least until he told them "hey, dumbass, I'm going to make you this much money", and then suddenly they'd be all friendly. Totally unrelated to anything else in the thread .

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast