65 31.71%
  • I play both casually and competitively

36 17.56%
  • I go to all the tournaments I can

3 1.46%
  • What's 40K?

3 1.46%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

One thing that may skew the results is that this survey represents the actions of the respondents, as opposed to their nature or inclination. For example, I rarely play, but would like to in a casual setting, but no tournaments. Most of my time in the hobby is spent painting as a result of work schedule, commute time, living 40 minutes away from the closest store, family time, etc. I answered play sometimes, but mostly just collect, but the reality is that group will end up including both people who want to play more but can't, and people who aren't as interested in playing.

Having said all that, the results are certainly telling about the nature of visitors in a small sample size, and I think underscore the balance issue: GW doesn't need to balance better because more hobbyists don't or barely play than attend tournaments. I would be interested to see a follow-up survey at some point that looks more to how people would like their hobby to be, for example, would like to play more casually, would like to play in more tournaments, prefer to play at home, prefer to play at a store, prefer painting to playing, prefer playing to painting, etc.

Librarian

I play as frequntly as i can. i play competetively when i can it all comes down to whats going on. like now that its the summer i will have more free time to do stuff since i'll be using vacation time and people will be off work or atleast in a better position to wish to game. For me if i am unable to game i simply work on whih ever army i have milling around. Like this months plan is to convert 100+ mauraders i sngged out of the bits bin for 50 cents a pop. They will become the Blood Tide under Voltire The Reaver of Kalista. AKA cannon fodder for My World eaters 8th assault company.
    unfiltered since 85. Don't like me tell some one who cares

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    But how do you define the two? Most tournament players, the 'competitive' crew, also plays casually extensively. I would suspect a very large percentage of players who do play competitively at tournaments would overall self-identify as casual.
    I don't know I didn't think that hard about it...

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678