BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Messing with the Broken Force Org chart!

I'm not sure how many of you have seen the excellent updated Force Org chart by Oliver East on the [URL="https://www.facebook.com/groups/121174491289187/"]Apocalypse 40k Facebook Group[/URL] he's done a great job showing what's legal in a standard game of 40k.

So please allow me, a Dark Angels player, to make a 1850pt list using this update here:

HQ:
    Librarian with Power Armour, Bolt Pistol, Force Weapon, Power Field Generator, Psychic Hood and Mastery Level 2.
    135 Points.

Elites:
    Deathwing Terminator Squad with 5 Terminators.
    220 Points.

Troops:
    Scout Squad with 10 Scouts with Sniper Rifles.
    120 Points.
    Scout Squad with 10 Scouts with Sniper Rifles.
    120 Points.

Allies - Necrons
    HQ:
    Overlord with Hyperphase Sword and Ressurection Orb.
    120 Points.

Troops:
    5 Necron Warriors with Gauss Flayers. Mounted in Night Scythe.
    165 Points.

Fortifications:
    Aegis Defence Line with Quad-Gun.
    100 Points.

Inquisitorial Detachment:
    Coteaz with Bolt Pistol, Dark Excommunication, Frag, Krak and Psyk-out Grenades, Hammerhand, Master Crafted Nemesis Force Daemonhammer, Psyber Eagle and Sanctuary.
    100 Points.

Legion of the Damned Detachment:
    Legionnaire Squad with 10 Legionnaires, Sergeant with Power Fist and Plasma Pistol, 1 with Plasma Gun and 1 with Heavy Flamer.
    395 Points. (Using Space Marine codex rules, couldn't find anything updated with Codex: Legion of the Damned yet.)

Knight Detachment:
    Knight Paladin with Rapid Fire Battle Cannon, 2 Heavy Stubbers and Reaper Chainblade.
    375 Points.

Total: 1850 Points.

This is a 100% legal list according to the rules given to us. It's only because, as a Dark Angel player, I can't take Cypher that I didn't include him, but an Eldar Player could. Because reasons. Also due to the points size, I didn't take a Lord of War. But I could have.

Honestly the first time I saw this chart, I totally understood why we're hearing rumblings of a 7th Ed. Rulebook. Because they've completely screwed the pooch on 6th.

Feel free to post your messed up list combinations!
    (Hat tip to [URL="http://perturbatory.blogspot.ca/2014/03/updated-force-organization-chart.html"]Most Perturbatory blog [/URL]for bringing this to my attention! Be sure to check out the other pics of the legal army list (There's 37 in total.) and the picture outlining the most current FAQ's and Errata available.)
    Last edited by interrogator_chaplain; 03-19-2014 at 11:53 PM.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

PFFT!!!

Thats wrong, this is the FOC

oh right, I see what I've done here. I forgot, I was playing nids....

HAR HAR!!

but seriously at least we get some awesome dataslates
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Choice! Variety! NEW THINGS!

Traditionally the death knell of.....Erm....
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by interrogator_chaplain View Post
    This is a 100% legal list according to the rules given to us.
    Nnnnot quite, I'm afraid.

The Inquisitorial detachment and the Legion of the Damned detachment are both "Come the Apocalypse" to the Necron detachment, and therefore cannot be included in the same army.

Edit: As is the Imperial Knight detachment. Man, most of your army really hates Necrons.
    Last edited by Houghten; 03-20-2014 at 05:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    PFFT!!!

Thats wrong, this is the FOC

oh right, I see what I've done here. I forgot, I was playing nids....

HAR HAR!!

but seriously at least we get some awesome dataslates
    You can have a Lord of War and Formations in there, and Fortifications.

Ahh, but Necrons aren't the primary detachment? When considering the allies, there's nothing that says the Allied detachment must be able to ally with the Knights, Inquisition, etc.

@Mr.Mystery, Don't get me wrong, I'm happy that these things exist. But the fact that I can make this list is an abomination to the background that GW fights so hard to protect from outside forces. The rules regarding all these new detachments seriously need to be tightened up, because this is crazy.
    Last edited by interrogator_chaplain; 03-20-2014 at 08:43 AM.

Are you sure there is nothing saying they don't have to ally with all parties? Someone on Warseer brought this up and it was mentioned that this was in fact the case preventing Chaos players from taking Imperial Knights (Primary IG, Ally CSM, Detachment IK)

Looking in the BRB, there's nothing stating that the Allied Detachment must be compatible with the other formations. Most likely due to the fact that they never existed when it was written. I checked the Primary Detachment, Allied Detachment and the rules regarding allies. Nothing against taking Knights with an allied detachment of Necrons.

Awesome if that's the case. Chaos Players will have an option plus IK + Hell Drake = Fun times!

There is no rule against it (as the core rules are outdated in this regard). But I have a feeling that we possibly will get rid of the FOC in the "not 7th" edition as there is no restriction for most armies anyways. Seems stupid to restrict some armies to the FOC while most imperial armies seem to completely ignore it (ally with yourself to get more slots, ally with LotD to get more elite slots, ally with knights to get lords of war without actually getting Lords of war, ect.)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast