BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: wotr faq?

thats the way i have read it and many of us in my gaming group have read it but we could be wrong. read it up and let me know what you think.

Librarian

Having looked at Pg. 66 again I think you're right about the Heroic Actions rule. What's still not clear to me is how Epic Actions are limited, if at all? Is a hero limited to a single Epic Action a phase (given that they're not called until needed that's difficult to police) or is it solely the heroic actions that are limited?
    Cats and Dogs are better than kids because they eat less, don't ask for money and if they get pregnant you can sell their children.

I’m saying that you can't call multiple at the same time. you can call multiple in one phase but not at the same time. Heroic Dual says you call it at the beginning of the Fight phase so you can't call Heroic Fight at the same time cause it says you call it at the same time. There are Epic actions though that say you can call them during the phase. Lets say you have a Hero who calls Heroic Fight and charges in and wins combat you can immediately call Epic Strike because it says you call it during the Fight phase. you can call multiple Actions you just can't call multiple that occur at the same exact time.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by moviemonkeyinc View Post
    I’m saying that you can't call multiple at the same time. you can call multiple in one phase but not at the same time. Heroic Dual says you call it at the beginning of the Fight phase so you can't call Heroic Fight at the same time cause it says you call it at the same time. There are Epic actions though that say you can call them during the phase. Lets say you have a Hero who calls Heroic Fight and charges in and wins combat you can immediately call Epic Strike because it says you call it during the Fight phase. you can call multiple Actions you just can't call multiple that occur at the same exact time.
    Ah ok.

Doesn't that have the unfortunate effect of making you more likely to lose a heroic duel if you call a heroic fight unless you've got multiple heroes in that formation?

It's good to have someone to talk about WotR with on these forums... I don't get to play nearly as many games as I'd like and the forums are fairly quiet on the whole LotR subject so thanks for signing up
    Cats and Dogs are better than kids because they eat less, don't ask for money and if they get pregnant you can sell their children.

yea thats why you want to call heroic or epic dual with an epic hero and call heroic fight with a captain in the same formation. best of both worlds and if you so happen to win and have more might on your epic hero, when you recharge call epic strike (if your hero can) to raise your fight to 10 and hopefully your enemy is disordered ..... 10 attacks to do crazy stuff with.

I actually played a 2500pt game today and it was epic. I played mordor and my opponent played Angmar. It was brutal but i won lol.

np i love this game i play all GW games but this one just clicked with me and i love it. there are a few things that are kind of funky but we tend to clear them up. If you have any other question i would love to talk about it.

Brother-Sergeant

well thank you guys for clearing this up. i though it was quite confusing.

well anyways... i have another question for you guys.

so i was playin my freind and he had some epic heroes in a formation that was idomitable, i killed off the enough of the squad so only the epic heroes were left.

no heres the question.
    do the EH keep the state line of the unit? like lowest fight value use or courage?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Davo View Post
    well thank you guys for clearing this up. i though it was quite confusing.

well anyways... i have another question for you guys.

so i was playin my freind and he had some epic heroes in a formation that was idomitable, i killed off the enough of the squad so only the epic heroes were left.

no heres the question.
    do the EH keep the state line of the unit? like lowest fight value use or courage?

According to page 68 of the rulebook,

"You may never have more Epic Heroes in a company than that company has 'normal' warriors (i.e. not Heroes or upgrades of any kind)."

and:

"Note that this means you will be forced to remove the Epic Hero as a casualty if doing otherwise would leave the company with more Epic heroes than normal warriors."

So, your friend cheated. He should have removed some of those Epic Heroes as casualties in order to ensure that there were, always, at least as many normal warriors as Epic Heroes. In an Indomitable formation, the last guy alive can never be an Epic Hero.

Brother-Sergeant

So, your friend cheated. He should have removed some of those Epic Heroes as casualties in order to ensure that there were, always, at least as many normal warriors as Epic Heroes. In an Indomitable formation, the last guy alive can never be an Epic Hero.
    oh i see. meh oh well. it was still a fun game.

but either way, i went to the seattle gt for wotr and walked away with best appearance.
    oh and just as an fyi there was an offical FAQ for it. and it sounds like its gonna become the officail FAQ for all tournies across the country and possibly the officail gw version.
    so just as an fyi we might be getting an officail FAQ soon.

Librarian

That would be really good, the game is pretty simple to house rule but for those occasions where you're playing people you don't necessarily know well it'd be great

Brother-Sergeant

oh and just as an fyi there was an offical FAQ for it. and it sounds like its gonna become the officail FAQ for all tournies across the country and possibly the officail gw version.
    so just as an fyi we might be getting an officail FAQ soon.
    wow. how many times can i spell official wrong?

anyways, i'm glad to know that gw hasnt completly forgotten about us wotr players.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast