BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 Models

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Melissia View Post
    The Witch Hunters brand of the Inquisition has one HQ, three elites (inquisitors, assassinorum operatives, and death cults), one troop, and one heavy support (orbital bombardments, which are 0-1)
    Things only get slightly better in Codex Daemonhunters with the addition of another elite slot - the daemonhost.

And things aren't entirely as bad as they appear as Inqisitors do get retinues (another quasi selection) and can take land raiders as transports both of which fill in a few more points. If you can find a tournament organiser that allows forge world vehicles and further lets you take the IA2 updates to the Inquisition vehicles to bring them up to date it helps some more.

I've been thinking about this post and can see why you and others prefer Sisters & Grey Knights codexes without the Inquisition. If you're primarily interested in building something around the Chambers Militant then the Inqusition selections add very little and perhaps just dilute the army build.

Unfortunately if you're interested in a radical force then you're fairly poorly served. I guess my drive for a single Inquisition Codex is that the current Witch Hunters & Daemon Hunters ones pretty much just duplicate the entries I'm interested in (apart from some wargear differences) and so, from my perspective, having them split doesn't add anything.

I tend to agree with you that the Inquistion components are more likely than not to get restricted further and suspect that the only way to build a radical force may end up being to go guard and take a Primaris Psyker to represent the Inquisitor.

The radical path is definitely becoming a difficult one.

Abbess Sanctorum

Yeah, but they're the Inquisition. My Sisters are not. I don't care if they combine the Inquisition into one codex, just leave my Sisters out of it and let them get their own codex like they damn well deserve.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Librarian

Not to be a troll (ok... maybe just a little trolling...) but,
    "Pics or it didn't happen!"

No really, does anyone have pics or links to some pics.
    A lot of these sound great, and I'd like to get a little peek at the goodies.
    It is not the combat I resent, brother. It is the thirst for glory that gets men cut into ribbons.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Melissia View Post
    Yeah, but they're the Inquisition. My Sisters are not. I don't care if they combine the Inquisition into one codex, just leave my Sisters out of it and let them get their own codex like they damn well deserve.
    I can't see the Inquisition as an army with more than one codex. What would be in the different codexes? Inquisitors, Grand Inquisitors, and Grand-Grand Inquisitors? They use Imperial Guard troops and elites, Imperial Guard and Space Marine Vehicles, and an odd assortment of misfits. Splitting the Inquisition into smaller groups seems like it would be difficult to make worth while.

For additional choices you could have arbites in the army which could be troops. You could also put them on bikes as a fast attack choice. Valykries could also be included to be fast attack. A judge could be another HQ choice. He could also have access to tech priest. As for Radicals you could daemon hosts, Mercenary Mutants and even xenos. The thing is sisters should be seperate. They are thier own seperate organization. They do work with the Inquisition from time to time but then again space marines and guard work together from time to time and yet their not in one codex.

Brother-Sergeant

hummmm sister with cat-o-nine tails.... screams Slannesh conversion...... nice to have more models themed to join Celeste (Slannesh Lord) in my chaos forces....
    -Chris
    tied more games than i've won and still have fun every time i lose.

Abbess Sanctorum

That would just be a remake of the Sisters Repentia Mistress, ChrisW, either that or a special character based off of the same.

Also converting Sisters models to be Slaaneshi worshipers is overdone and boring.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

If sisters should join any chaos god it should be Khrone. They love to kill and they hate psychers.

Abbess Sanctorum

Technically the only sister that ever fell (specifically stated that none but this one has fallen to chaos) fell to Slaanesh, but I figure that was just GW being iidiots and playing to teenage fantasies.

The only reason she fell was for that dumb card game that no one plays. She never appears in the Fluff or any of the books.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast