BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 Models

Occuli Imperator

The new GK termies sound great! I just wish they would have done more with the regular GK models... Plastic DH anyone?

Duke
    Red text= mod voice
    Black text= regular voice

Follow my blog! Www.dukesinferno.blogspot.com

Veteran-Sergeant

"New DH/WH vehicles/support" may simply mean plastic replacements for current metal ones. This could be Exorcists & Penitent Engines for WH. Maybe no more church organ of doom and something more like the Forge World Exorcist.

Just thinking about the DH codex, it's very light on codex specific unit types in some classes for example Fast Attack where it's just a "Troop" squad that can teleport. It may be that some of these selection holes are getting rounded out.

Notice how DH/WH got rolled together under the support vehicles and concept art. Probably shouldn't read too much into this though.

Anyway, if it is largely at the concept art stage then the actual release may be close to a year or more off so no point in holding your breath.

Abbess Sanctorum

Quote Originally Posted by mysterex View Post
    "New DH/WH vehicles/support" may simply mean plastic replacements for current metal ones. This could be Exorcists & Penitent Engines for WH. Maybe no more church organ of doom and something more like the Forge World Exorcist.

Just thinking about the DH codex, it's very light on codex specific unit types in some classes for example Fast Attack where it's just a "Troop" squad that can teleport. It may be that some of these selection holes are getting rounded out.

Notice how DH/WH got rolled together under the support vehicles and concept art. Probably shouldn't read too much into this though.
    1: Most of the vehicles already use mostly if not entirely plastic parts.

2: That would require them to update the codex or the forgeworld rulebook, and therefor would only come out with said updates.

3: They're probably only rolled together because whoever wrote it was a lazy ******* rather than because of anything symbolic.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    The new GK termies sound great! I just wish they would have done more with the regular GK models... Plastic DH anyone?

Duke
    Oh yeah, I would start them right away, BUT only if the price is fair. The reason I don't start them now is because of the cost, not that they are metal. But seeing how GW is making the Ravenorers expensive even though they are in plastic, I am afraid GW will do the same to GK. If they do, then I will not start GK then.

Chapter-Master

"New DH/WH vehicles/support" may simply mean plastic replacements for current metal ones.
    Plastic upgrade sprues for various vehicles would be cool. New vehicles even cooler.

For Grey Knight Fast Attack, I'd like to see a Teleport Assault unit that can deepstrike in, has Heroic Intervention and the Gate of Infinity psychic power. Sure it'd be expensive, but it would be one of the coolest units in the game.

I'd agree not to read into this too much. Previous rumors indicate separate codices, and it sounds like the person providing the rumor was simply lazy in this case.

Anyway, if it is largely at the concept art stage then the actual release may be close to a year or more off so no point in holding your breath.
    We already expected the release to be a while off, since the only rumor was that "work has started". Hoping for 2011.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Librarian

as far as the SM stuff goes, what chapter do you think it is?

A Fleet based chapter was mentioned a while back, but nothing has come of it since...

couldnt be codex (even if there is new concept art)

(still hoping for DA)
    The Dark Angels, The Emperor's First, and Finest!
    A moment of Laxity spawns a lifetime of Heresy

Brother-Captain

I could see an inquisitor Valkyrie or something similar, considering how well the valkyrie model has been selling.

Chapter-Master

Gk termies seem great they'd also be good for preherey or primarchs!
    the DH dex needs more units and a fixed allies
    oh and some funky radicial stuff!
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Necrosis View Post
    The Dark Eldar army already have fleet of foot rule.
    You mean some of it. Only, like, half the force is that fast.

Case point: Incubi.
    Back after a few years absence. Please PM me any changes to how the forum works - I currently have no idea how to make line breaks, and this is quite important to me. >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Aenir View Post
    as far as the SM stuff goes, what chapter do you think it is?

A Fleet based chapter was mentioned a while back, but nothing has come of it since...

couldnt be codex (even if there is new concept art)

(still hoping for DA)
    Well I thought that would be Black Templar. But what is Winging it our way then? That sounds Dark Angelish too me. But it was said that DA were not being done so soon yet. Would love for it to be DA as well.
    Last edited by HsojVvad; 12-31-2009 at 05:18 PM. Reason: Forgot to add something.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast