BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 Models

Quote Originally Posted by HsojVvad View Post
    For now. Remember DE codex is going to be a complete remake, so what is DE now, might now be DE as we know of when the new codex comes out.

Then only thing I believe we can completely say is the name Dark Eldar will be the same, other than that, everything can completely change.

Tyranids use to be fast, now they slowed them down, same thing can happen to Dark Eldar as well.
    The dark Eldar army is built around speed as is their fluff. They get in, do some damage and get out before the enemy knows what even happened. Their not a group of people who hold planets or just send waves after waves of enemy units. ALso remeber their still Eldar and Eldar do have fleet of foot rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Herald of Nurgle View Post
    You mean some of it. Only, like, half the force is that fast.

Case point: Incubi.
    Incubi don't get the fleet rule due to them having a 3+ armour save. 3+ armour save and fleet usually don't go together unless it's a special character. The other Dark Eldar units that don't have it does make sense, hellions, bikes and grotesques. If I saw them with fleet I would raise an eye brow.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by HsojVvad View Post
    Well I thought that would be Black Templar. But what is Winging it our way then? That sounds Dark Angelish too me. But it was said that DA were not being done so soon yet. Would love for it to be DA as well.
    DA is unlikely, as the same person who gave us the whole "winging it our way" rumor stated that it would not be Dark Angels shortly thereafter, iirc. Regardless, we'll have to wait for more rumors to show up.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Librarian

yeah, but like i said, how do we know its not gw pulling a smoke screen? DA would be outta left field and i think they might sell well too
    The Dark Angels, The Emperor's First, and Finest!
    A moment of Laxity spawns a lifetime of Heresy

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Aenir View Post
    yeah, but like i said, how do we know its not gw pulling a smoke screen? DA would be outta left field and i think they might sell well too
    Well then, how do we even know it will be a Marine codex? As I said, all we can really do for now is wait and see.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

New rumours from Warseer
    I got to see the DH/WH character designs yesterday, there are about a dozen named inquisition, incl existing.

one looks like a gk chaplain.
    a sister w what looks like twin arm mounted SBs.
    a named preacher.
    new concept for throne of judgement less like a converted dread.
    sister w twin cat o nine tails.
    confessor w a big staff w what looks like integrated flamer
    named seraphin w new jump pack, more marine like (large jets) but retains some archaic details, also has sword and combi weapon
    another gk named justicar, w 2 ended force weapon.
    a gk vehicle based character.

Abbess Sanctorum

Lol, why the hell would they release a mistress of the repentia? It's not like those models are just jumping off the shelf becuase they're uberawesomestrong.

Still, this is a good sign. If this goes as I think it does, it means that the Sisters codex will be closer to the second edition codex than the third edition one, though hopefully they'll do more than just a reversion.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

I really want to believe but I'm cautious. I'd love to see the Inquisition armies and Dark Eldar get some love. Both kinda high risk armies tho for GW since neither of them are that popular, but that just leads to the "chicken or the egg" argument as to, are they unpopular because they dont get much support? Or do they not get much support because not a lot of people are interested in them.

If this pans out tho I'd really excited to see how they expand these armies and what they do with the rules.
    letsagetabitarockin!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    Well then, how do we even know it will be a Marine codex? As I said, all we can really do for now is wait and see.
    How do we know it will be a marine book? Because Harry has said so. First he said, that only BA were only half the story. After most of us got excited about it being a Angels of Death, Harry has said, it wasn't AoD.

Then lots of people were speculating, it was IG planes or what ever they were called, or other SM minis and Harry has said, no it wan't minis, but anthour SM book.

Since GW said they will not do anything new (SM chapters or Races) untill everything else has been updated, that would only leave BT or DA left as a SM chapter left to be done.

Since GW seems to be releasing SM codex, non SM codex, SM codex, in 2010 it's Tyranids, (confirmed) BA (rumoured), so then it will be a Non SM codex (Tau perhaps?) and then anthour SM book. Harry, and I am not shure Brimstone (god rest his soul) said that 2010 will be a Fantasy Year, but if all goes well, that 4 40K codex will be released in 2010.

So if we don't get a 2nd SM codex released in 2010 that should mean early 2011 anthour SM codex will be released and it will be either BT or DA as the only candidates. Unless they get GK on a fast track, they could be released then, since it is rumoured that the BT and SoB will not be in the Inquition codex any more.

Veteran-Sergeant

I've said before but it's worth repeating. Grey Knights are marines.

So probably there's your second "marine" codex.

Quote Originally Posted by Melissia View Post
    Lol, why the hell would they release a mistress of the repentia? It's not like those models are just jumping off the shelf becuase they're uberawesomestrong.

Still, this is a good sign. If this goes as I think it does, it means that the Sisters codex will be closer to the second edition codex than the third edition one, though hopefully they'll do more than just a reversion.
    They might be making a Special Character that is a mistress. I think that would be awesome.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast