BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Awful State Troops

The Empire state troops must be one of the worst I have ever been unfortunate to put together and paint.

Perhaps I have been pampered by the 40K range, because I find having the body as a single piece and a bunch of uninspired details really annoying. What is it with all the hourglasses anyway?

Oh well, just another 40 something to go

Brother-Sergeant

That's why I still like to use my old 4th Ed models.

So I was correct in thinking that they used to be better... somehow that doesn't make things feel better.

I don't mind them on an aesthetic level but they look more like a free company or something than professional soldiers. They are certainly one of the less inspiring plastic core troops, hopefully they will be replaced within a few years.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

They are a pain in the arse to rank up as well. The previous state troops kit was actually better than the current one.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

I like them well enough but they don't exactly set the world on fire. The free company box is a fantastic kit though, especially if you want a little variety.