BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sorry for the lack of updates, but I needed to put my nose to the grindstone to finish my army in time for the tournament on November 22nd. I ended up coming in second, and also won best painted so it was worth it I'll update with some full army pics later.

My list, for those interested, was not typical.

Grey Seer on Screaming Bell
    -Fencers Blades
    -Ironcurse

Chieftan
    -BSB: Stormbanner
    -Shield

Warlock
    -Doomrocket

Clanrats x20
    -Full Command
    -Shields
    -Plaguewind Mortar

Stormvermin x40
    -Full Command
    -Shields
    -Razor Standard

Skavenslaves x40
    -Musician

Giant Rats x5

Gutter Runners x9
    -Slings
    -Poison

Rat Ogres x6
    -Squeel Gnawtooth

HPA

HPA

Doomwheel

I know it wasn't a lot of rats on the board, but I guess I did just fine. Surprisingly, I found Squeel and the Rat Ogres to be worth every point. I had only put them in because they were converted and painted. It was really nice having the Bell with the Stormvermin, people either ignored them or focused on them, really no in between. They were able to take a beating, and dish it out too. Missions were objective based, and not only were they able to hold them but the footprint was nice to push other units out of 3/6 inches. I didn't find I rolled much worthwhile on the Bell, but taking all Plague spells on the GS worked great to buff/debuff.

Gutter Runners, my Vermin Lord did I love them. Ran all over the board, causing hijinx and panic. Left a Terrorgeist with 1 wound left on the first turn (last game).

HPA's were HPA's. While I don't feel they did tons of damage, they sure were resilient and tied up other units. Surprisingly my Doomwheel did a lot of heavy lifting the first game, in games after that it was mostly attention bait.

I had a great time, I can't wait to play again.

First-Captain

well done mate on coming second overall and with the best Painted Army win, it shows all your hard work converting and painted has started paying off, so remember those rats breed fast so paint some more!
    "I was there the day Horus slew the Emperor".....
    my blog http://madlapsedwargamer.blogspot.co.uk/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123