BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sounds pretty cool. I wonder if an all Khorne army would be reasonably competitive. I think the bloodletter models are pretty good but mono-khorne daemons is very, very uncompetitive even in a non-tournament way.

Chapter-Master

Hang about, can't we already field units of Warriors and daemons in the same army? Triumph and treachery lets you do that, and I'm pretty sure you can summon some daemons in Storm of Magic as well.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Plus there is the oft-overlooked ally rules for Warhammer. I know the intent is for two players to play in team battles, but there is nothing stopping you from taking a 1000 point Daemon army and a 1000 point warriors army and using them like a 2000 point army.

I'm all for White Dwarf becoming a useful mechanism for distributing rules... but if I had to guess, allies will be in 9th edition in a similar fashion to 40k.
    Armies - Skaven, Tomb Kings, Eldar, Iron Snakes, Dark Eldar, Retribution, & Legion
    Blog - http://chronowraith.blogspot.com

Chapter-Master

Doubtless. And doubtless I will hate it just as much as I do in 40k.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

I'll be happy if WFB DOESN"T see the same explosion of money-grab options as 40k. I'm all for allies as long a they make sense as they will allow me to build up small forces of armies I really like but don't have the time or money to build a main army.

Regardless, back to the main point of this thread. I could easily see the Daemons & WoC rumor being true and I think it will likely foreshadow the 9th edition ruleset. So if it's just a nod and statement saying, "You can take Daemons and WoC together now" then it's garbage. If it's well thought out (unlike 40k allies)... I'll be less wary at the prospect of 9th edition allies.

Going slightly off topic (again), I wouldn't mind the battlescrolls for SoM being a little more integral to the core game in a similar manner to Escalation. In other words, if I take a monster out of SoM then my opponent gets to roll on a chart to gain some bonus (the same way as if a Lord of Battle was taken in 40k). Now, obviously not quite the same thing as the monsters in SoM are nowhere near as out-of-balance as some of the Lords of War... but something along those lines.
    Armies - Skaven, Tomb Kings, Eldar, Iron Snakes, Dark Eldar, Retribution, & Legion
    Blog - http://chronowraith.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    Hang about, can't we already field units of Warriors and daemons in the same army? Triumph and treachery lets you do that, and I'm pretty sure you can summon some daemons in Storm of Magic as well.
    Yes and both of those ar badly thought out and situational rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronowraith View Post
    I'll be happy if WFB DOESN"T see the same explosion of money-grab options as 40k. I'm all for allies as long a they make sense as they will allow me to build up small forces of armies I really like but don't have the time or money to build a main army.
    Allies and Fortifications. Just look at the Crypt Stalkers Battle Scroll.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Boofhead View Post
    Yes and both of those ar badly thought out and situational rules.
    No they aren't.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Ok the Sorceress Pact rules have merit but The T&T Merc rules are fiddly and only work in T&T games.

Chapter-Master

Well, yeah. That way they don't break the main game. Which is what would happen if Warriors and Daemons were just allowed to mix and match when no one else is. There will be some sort of restrictive caveat to this, I bet you any money. If it even happens.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast