BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default TGC - Questions about 40K Limited/Unlimited/Doubles Tournaments

Ask your questions about 1500 Point Composition Limited Tournament/2000 Point Unlimited Tournament/Doubles rules and scenarios here.
    Last edited by The Girl; 07-04-2014 at 12:21 PM. Reason: title change

Default 40k doubles

What kind of lists will be allowed in the 40k doubles tourney? Escalation, data slates, imperial knights, new imperial guard codex that is coming out etc...?
    Jrod

No escalation, no dataslates (as of today). Knights and IG I expect to be fine; god knows what I will have to do if IG gave D shooting...
    Integrity without knowledge is weak and useless, and knowledge without integrity is dangerous and dreadful. - Nathanael Greene

Ok, here are several quick questions.

1. No data slates or Stronghold. How about Forge World? It was allowed last year and I don't think it caused much of a stir other than some counts as sabre defense platforms. For an "Unlimited" tournament, there seems to be a lot of limitations. Just my two cents, but if your going to have an "Unlimited" event, you may as well go no holds barred Ard Boyz style. Mainly in the hopes that the complete lack of balance might find find a balance all it's own.

2. How will the scoring be done this year? Still just adding up points from all missions, or going by win loss points?

3. Any hints on the type of missions that will be run? Will they be book missions or custom? Should we prepare for potential 11 objective missions again? Or will it be bay area open style?

4. Oh... and am I reading this right, Escalation is allowed? I only saw Stronghold and dataslates as being disallowed.
    Last edited by Bonzai; 03-26-2014 at 04:25 PM.

1. The big problem with Forgeworld isn't the units, it's the time it takes to explain the units and the time it takes even experts to resolve thud gun batteries - time is the issue, not balance.
    2. Battlepoints are in effect
    3. No 11 objective missions. Not BAO style. Limitations on book missions, with generally slight variations for the GTs and possibly fully custom missions for teams.
    4. No, Escalation is not allowed. Sorry for that omission.
    Integrity without knowledge is weak and useless, and knowledge without integrity is dangerous and dreadful. - Nathanael Greene

Codex Inquisition taken as a primary can take an Inquisitorial Detachment attached to it right? Scence they are an inquisitorial detachment and not technically allies?

Wait... So its an unlimited tournament, with restrictions? If your going to allow seerstar and beast pack and all of that nonsense, allow the strength D. And it realy doesnt take long at all to explain D weapons or super heavies to someone.
    This is a superheavy, meaning that it ignores all damage results 1-5, and on a 6 it takes d3 + 1 additional hullpoints. It can also shoot all its weapons at different targets.
    D weapon means against infintry on a 2-5 it takes d3+1 wounds. on a 6 it takes d6+6 wounds.
    Agaisnt tanks on a 1 it suffers a pen. 2-5 it suffers d3+1 hulpoints. on a 6 it suffers d6+6 hullpoints.

And that literally explains everything they need to know. In less than 2 minutes. Not much of a time waster to me

Fair enough. Unlimited is now everything goes. Any GW rules, Forgeworld, Escalation - Everything. I'll amend the rules as posted.
    Last edited by Jwolf; 03-30-2014 at 03:13 PM.

Sweet thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

How will the doulbes tournament work? Never been in one so details would be great

Doubles are 1000 point armies, often with crazy goals that require cooperation among team members. Expect missions that require movement, sacrifice, and coordinated action. Armies that are the "best" are not necessarily going to be the best choices for Doubles. I would especially avoid a Deathstar unit for Doubles - at least one mission will make Deathstars terrible choices.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast