BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Hellbrute "Mayhem Pack"

Does anyone know if you have to Deep Strike the 3 Hellbrutes from the Mayhem pack to the same location (like a unit) and then move them seperatly (1 Deep Strike roll) OR you can choose where each of the 3 arrive seperatly (3 Deep Strike rolls) ?

According to the way it is written in the Dataslate it seems they don't have to be deployed together, thus 3 Deep Strike rolls (which would be soooooo cool). It would then really live up to its name : Mayhem

Chaplain

I don't recall anything stating they have to stay in coherency so they should arrive individually. Like it says, they're not there to take and hold anything, just disrupt and destroy the enemy until they themselves are destroyed.

Additional question:

"at THE START OF YOUR MOVEMENT PHASE they must roll on the Crazed table (emphasis added by me)
    Arriving by Deep strike... when does that occur in your turn ?
    The rules say both "at the start of your turn" and "in the movement phase when they arrive".

Question is if they should roll on the Crazed table the turn they arrive on the table or does it start from the next turn onwards ?

Usual rule for simultaneity: the player whose turn it is picks which to resolve first (page 9). So you can either roll Crazed first and then Deep Strike, knowing what the result already is, or Deep Strike first and then roll Crazed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nabterayl View Post
    Usual rule for simultaneity: the player whose turn it is picks which to resolve first (page 9). So you can either roll Crazed first and then Deep Strike, knowing what the result already is, or Deep Strike first and then roll Crazed.
    If you decide to roll crazed first, you dont roll at all as the brutes are not in the game yet (models in reserve dont interact with the table in any kind). A psyker in reserve cant buff himself while still being held in reserve, he must first arrive on the table to do so.
    So its either no roll at all or arrive and then roll (first one is probably better as 3 Helbrutes which are forced to run will probably die pretty fast)

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    If you decide to roll crazed first, you dont roll at all as the brutes are not in the game yet (models in reserve dont interact with the table in any kind). A psyker in reserve cant buff himself while still being held in reserve, he must first arrive on the table to do so.
    Those don't really seem like comparable examples to me. Psykers casting spells off the table is an action that the model does; rolling Crazed just specifies behavior in the upcoming Shooting phase or adds the Rage special rule. And I'm not aware of any general principle that models off the table don't roll on tables of any kind.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Eberk View Post
    Does anyone know if you have to Deep Strike the 3 Hellbrutes from the Mayhem pack to the same location (like a unit) and then move them seperatly (1 Deep Strike roll) OR you can choose where each of the 3 arrive seperatly (3 Deep Strike rolls) ?

According to the way it is written in the Dataslate it seems they don't have to be deployed together, thus 3 Deep Strike rolls (which would be soooooo cool). It would then really live up to its name : Mayhem
    On the contrary, it's what is *not* said that hints at how you can deploy them.

Later in the same DataSlate, one of the other Formations is a vehicle squadron, and follows those rules. The Mayhem formation is not a squadron, and the only requirement is that the entire formation gets their reserve roll at the same time. You can put them wherever you want, they act independently, it's 3 separate Helbrutes.

Chapter-Master

You roll on the Crazed table. It's not an ability they're attempting to use, it's a special rule they have. Compare to Blood Angels, or DE combat drugs. You simply roll to determine what rules that unit gains, even if they don't start on the board. Whether you do it before or after you deepstrike is irrelevant.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Warpstorm table?
    Do your units in reserve suffer from a "2" result? Neither the warpstorm table nor the specific result state that it only affects models on the table while the result "3" mentions to choose a charakter on the table.

Chapter-Master

Warpstorm table is an armywide rule, not a unit-specific rule. But you could actually argue that. GW simply is not specific enough. If you want to get really pedantic about it, you probably won't ever get a straight answer. Regardless, it specifies that you always roll for your Crazed result, given the lack of the normal requirement for taking a glance/pen, and I see no restriction whatsoever that would prevent you from rolling for a unit that's about to come on the board. For comparison, psykers are explicitly banned from using their ability. Almost every other similar ability to psykers will specify specifically "while the model is on the board" if that restriction exists. And, of course, as Nab said, since it's your player turn you can pick the order in which to resolve these things, ergo you may roll for Crazed.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast