BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I had a couple more questions. Sorry to be such a hassle. I have a scratch built warhound titan. It is quite obvious what it is, it is painted, but it is also obviously scratch built. I can supply you with pics to help in determining, but I was wondering if I could run that as well? Oh and the concept of my force is the Cult of the Dragon, the mechanicum who worship the true Omnissiah *cough, cough* the void dragon *cough*. I am working on a model for it as we speak, that I want to run as a transcendent C'tan. Would this be alright as well? Thanks again, and sorry for all the questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Troy Slade Stults View Post
    I have a scratch built warhound titan. It is quite obvious what it is, it is painted, but it is also obviously scratch built. I can supply you with pics to help in determining, but I was wondering if I could run that as well?
    Yes.

I am working on a model for it as we speak, that I want to run as a transcendent C'tan. Would this be alright as well?
    Yes.

Keep in mind this is beer and dice gaming, however. Bring a fun army you're proud of over power units. If you're proud of your titan by all means bring it! We need titans. But don't forget the best way to have fun in narrative gaming is to show up with the army you're proud of and relax you're already at the top table.

-Dan
    BTW: I would always love to see pic of a titan, post away!

Will we be using the new 7th edition rules or 6th?

We will make the call before May 31. Being a beer and dice event the impact of the new edition is not as big of a deal for Narrative. We are leaning towards 6th, just so that folks don't spend as much time reading rules. However, we want to see what 7th ed is like before making that call.

Thanks,
    -Dan

Chaplain

I just wanted to express some concern/input over the narrative rules this year.

I'm a little saddened by the inclusion of xenos/non-30k codexes is the "30k narrative". It's enough that some of my 30k group have decided to not make the drive from Houston and a few others are on the fence. Especially, for the price tag. Being the largest and one of the only 30k events in Texas, the TGC narrative has been a great way to play 30k with people from all over the state.

I doubt the inclusion will actually affect the fun of the game; but it does take away from the narrative aspect and just becomes just another kill team, standard, and apoc game. We get enough of those here in Houston.
    When you hear hoof-beats, it's best to think horses not zebras.

Battle-Brother

I will be bringing a contingent of Wolves to this event, I thought it would be fun to bring Bjorn in to the mix. I was curious though as I am playing in the 40k team tournament on Friday, the last round doesn't end until 6:45.. Will I be able to partake in a kill team game or two that evening after that?

Quote Originally Posted by hisdudeness View Post
    I'm a little saddened by the inclusion of xenos/non-30k codexes is the "30k narrative".
    It is awesome to hear there is a dedicated group of 30K players. The Horus Heresy fluff is great and it makes great backdrop for narrative gaming. Your concern is something we spent a great deal of time thinking about when doing the planning for this years event. It came down to number of players.

We want to build up the event to the point where we can highlight not just 30K and 40K, but also do xenos story lines where the some of armies that don't get much fluff see some time in the spotlight. But for those game to be more than your local group in size we need critical mass of players. Our goal is to grow the event to that point.

'Work hard to create a good stage, then let the players relax and roll dice' is our motto. If inclusion of xenos and non-30k codexes is going to spoil your fun, this wasn't the event for you anyway. We'll get to the size where we can have a 30K on 30K story line. We want to grow to the point where we can put the forces in the book on the table that looks like the battle field. Think about playing one of the boards that GW or Forge World put together for Games Day. That is our dream, but it will take getting players excited about this type of gaming. That is where we are starting.

Last PM me, I want to talk it over to make sure we have the right dream for the future and would love your help in getting us there.

-Dan

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ramzus View Post
    I will be bringing a contingent of Wolves to this event, I thought it would be fun to bring Bjorn in to the mix. I was curious though as I am playing in the 40k team tournament on Friday, the last round doesn't end until 6:45.. Will I be able to partake in a kill team game or two that evening after that?
    Yes. However, table space will be limited so keep myself (Dan) and Glenn in the loop so we know you are going to be there. We will be doing our best to heard cats.

-Dan
    Last edited by unwashed; 05-20-2014 at 12:07 PM.

Battle-Brother

Will do, I will definitely be there, so as soon as the team event is finished, I will head right over to the kill team games.

More details will be forthcoming, but it looks like we are doing 7th edition! We'll be working out details as everyone else is this weekend as the release comes out. Look for an updated packet next week and once the edition drops this weekend, feel free to start rolling questions in for us.

-Dan

So far as I can see. The transition to 7th is FAIRLY smooth in most regards...other the the psychic phase.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast