BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default TGC - Questions about Narrative

So, narrative will be here once again for fun and yelling and dice.

Which books are legal this year? Can I bring a 30k list? Does it need to be 40k? Are we restricting anything for the sake of fun?

I have building and painting to do between now and then, and I need to know where to focus my time.
    Last edited by The Girl; 07-04-2014 at 12:20 PM. Reason: title change
    Favorite Team Mate - 40k Narrative (Heresy) WARGames Con 2013
    Favorite Player - 40k Narrative (Armageddon) WARGames Con 2011
    Favorite Opponent - Warmachine Steamroller - WARGames Con 2010

Terraforming Magos

Quote Originally Posted by rabscutle View Post
    So, narrative will be here once again for fun and yelling and dice.

Which books are legal this year? Can I bring a 30k list? Does it need to be 40k? Are we restricting anything for the sake of fun?

I have building and painting to do between now and then, and I need to know where to focus my time.
    This should answer your initial questions.

[url]http://txgamescon.com/2014/03/23/2014-narrative-campaign/[/url]
    Best Army Appearance FOW- WAR Games Con 2010
    Eternal WarGamesCon Paint Judge
    FOW Line Judge WGC 2011

Hey Rabscutle!

This Dan one of the Narrative guys. We are running a 30K theme, but everyone is welcome. We are still working out guidelines for lists. We are going to talk about them on the the V-Blog (follow the TGC Facebook page).

Post what you're planning and I can give you direct feedback. However, if you plan around 2.5-3K of normal units than add in a couple fortifications, super heavies, etc. You're in a safe ballpark. Plus we are flexible, if you don't have 3K, we'll adjust, if you only have a Kill Team, we'll find a place for you, if you happened to own a Imperator-class Titan ... you win (not the game, just this thread), we will find a place for you to play.

The golden-rule: We're playing with toys, let's not take it too seriously. Leave the cheese, bring the fluff.

Battle-Brother

30K theme? But what if I want to bring Tyranids? That cool???

Chaplain

I just keep going in a circle...This forum clicks to the 40k game page and that page points here. I'm not worried about a timeline until I know what I can bring.
    When you hear hoof-beats, it's best to think horses not zebras.

Hey Flatscan, it is Dan again,

Quote Originally Posted by flatscan View Post
    30K theme? But what if I want to bring Tyranids? That cool???
    YES!!! Not only cool, we have already thought of ways to use Nids in cool ways!

Our goal for the Narrative, is a cool story with a place for everyone to have good time. Bring the army you'll have a good time playing. The theme only gives us a high level narrative. Who's to say Tyranids aren't hanging out in the under-hives and dark places waiting for havoc to reign, answer no one. We make it so. Time to go gather some bio-mas.

To that note, if there is something awesomely narrative you want to do, swarms of small bugs, lurker, something like that let's talk about it and we'll find good place for it. I have tons of ideas, but in the end the narrative is your game and my job is to make it happen.

Thanks,
    -Dan

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hisdudeness View Post
    I just keep going in a circle...This forum clicks to the 40k game page and that page points here. I'm not worried about a timeline until I know what I can bring.
    His Dudeness,

We you know what you want to bring, we'll find room for you in the narrative if you choose to join us.

-Dan

Chaplain

So your saying bring all the toys and throw down...Got it!!!

3500-4000+ of Heresy World Eaters/Iron Hands incoming.

Quote Originally Posted by hisdudeness View Post
    So your saying bring all the toys and throw down...Got it!!!

3500-4000+ of Heresy World Eaters/Iron Hands incoming.
    We are still working on list guidelines (out shortly)... ~3500* points for the Apoc game is where we looking. Heresy World Eaters would be fun since we are doing Shadow Crusade from the HH book Betrayer. There will be 3 types of games going on. Kill Team with theme based missions, 2250 point themed missions (normal games no Super Heavies or fortification) and ~3,500 point Apoc game. All of the games are parts of the same battle. All armies are welcome. We'll find a place in the fluff for you. The only rule is leave the cheese at home. If you have read the book you know Armatura is toast, the good guys don't. So relax and let the dice roll.

Don't hold me to the point values, we are still trying to see if we can make things more flexible.

-Dan
    ... no if I can find about 12 ultramarine players.

Chaplain

Sweet. My local group (12-15 people) is starting a 30k escalation campaign next weekend. By June we will be at the 2500+ point level, so I'm trying get most of them to commit to showing up.

Does eldar threw the webway work at all

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast