Quote Originally Posted by ninjawraithlord View Post
    Does eldar threw the webway work at all
    Bring all your toys we'll fit you in.
    Best Army Appearance FOW- WAR Games Con 2010
    Eternal WarGamesCon Paint Judge
    FOW Line Judge WGC 2011

Quote Originally Posted by ninjawraithlord View Post
    Does eldar threw the webway work at all
    If you mean the Apocalypse rules for it, then yes. It will be limited to use on the Apocalypse-level games, of course. Formations that grant strategic assets will be considered on a case-by-case basis for balance with the rest of the game.

But as was said above: if you have an interest, we have a place for you! If your thing is popping out Kabalites and Wyches from a portal torn in space and time, we will find a way to work it in and make it fun!

What about a very large contingent of Raven Guard? They were at were not there in the official fluff. I also have tons of super heavys I could bring, Thunderhawk, two titans and some other stuff I would have to paint. Let me know.

Same here what about a large pre heresy imperial fist army. Will that work or do I need to paint something else up

All armies are welcome! "Narrative" doesn't mean we are limiting the forces to those in the novel. If that was the case, we'd have a pretty limited event! (Word Bearers, Ultramarines and World eaters + titans and void battles.)

The event is FUN FIRST. If you have models, and they are painted, we want you to play and we will find some cool way to integrate you into the story.

Aardvark: bring those Ravens, and bring those Supers. We will find a place.

SMG: bring those boys in yellow (or whichever color they may have been pre-heresy) and we will find a place for them.

While we are never ones to tell you not to engage in the hobby side of 40k, we don't want you "forced" to paint something just for the event. It's much better that you choose projects that inspire you, and you WANT to bring them to the event!

Check out the last video blog for more info on what to bring: [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiGY2SHLXoA[/url]

My son and I are working on a 30k Death Guard force, but I doubt we'll have 3500 points done by then. Since its double force org would it be ok to bring one force org from the legion list and one from Chaos Space Marines Codex for an army? Kind of a 'mid-corruption' force?

Answer: yes. Whatever you build, paint and are ready to put on the table will work.

Remember though: it's NOT JUST a 3500 point game. You could have just 200 points of a Kill Team Death Guard and come play in the Narrative. Or you could just build 2500 points and play in the double-FOC "standard 40K" part. Or you could mix and match. Or you could build your Death Guard and add in other CSM to fill out 3500 points to play in the Apoc-level portion of the game.

This point seems to stem some confusion, and we understand why. The Narrative is NOT JUST APOC. It's three levels of play, which players can take part in any level they wish, or even mix levels over the course of the weekend.

This isn't about restriction. We are classifying those levels of play to help tell cool stories at each level.

So: bring as many Death Guard as you have, "top off" with other Chaos forces, and play in any level you choose. It's all one, big, fun event!

Thanks for the explanation, I'd read it as a kind of an escalation - first you play kill-team games, then 2500 pt games, then apoc game at end.

So Friday night, will that be all 3 types of game or just Kill-team?

Scout

Sorry to bother you, but I read the post for the narrative game, and I still have a couple questions. It made reference to the "model policy" for the con...what is that as I could find nothing on the site? I was also wondering if my force would be valid. It is composed using the Horus Heresy book three Taghmata rules for the mechanicum(dark mechanicum). Will this be okay? Will Saturday and Sunday be apocalypse? Lastly, the different tables. I am confused how that is to work? I have two warhound and three knights, but I would hate to be solely relegated to a superheavy only table as the rest of my dark mechanicum forces would be nigh useless. Thank you so much for your time and patience.

@ JohnCS: Friday will be Kill Team only. Light, quick fights to get everyone who can make it on Friday get into the action.

@ Machidiel9: I'm not sure where the model policy is at present, but I'll dig up a link. In short, it means models must be painted to a 3-color standard to be used in play. (Besides...gray plastic makes the Narrative gods cry...)

Great to hear you have a Mechanicum force! Yes...we will work it in. Remember, it's on you to bring the copies of the rules that apply to your army.

Saturday and Sunday will feature all three scales of games: Kill Team, 40k and Apoc. You may play in any/all and switch between at the breaks.

It sounds like the Titan force belongs on the Wasteland table (or "Titan Alley" as we are calling it). We are doing this to bring balance, and allow some narrative options. As a draft response, I'd say plan on backing up your Hounds and Knights with your mechanicum on that table. It won't be JUST big heavies there, and even those need to have some support from the corrupted former servants of the Omnissah.

If you plan up a 2500pt force, without the hounds or knights, you can slot into the 40k-style games, and if you cobble together some of those adepts, I'm sure you can make a Kill Team fit to help protect the Heretical forces in the boarding actions on the side boards. It's all up to you. Each portion will have cool options.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast