BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

Default Ferozoica Manufactorum... Zoica Rises! (Sabbat world chaos forces)

Nearly a year has passed since i began Project Zoica. Lots of miniatures have passed through my hands and into other armies... but zoica has remained. The foul corruption has finaly resurfaced itself. About six weeks ago I began an effort to lose around 100-140lbs. This week i'm on a juicing fast in order to reset my pallet away from crappy foods, and it's working. So far i've lost 16lbs since starting the new regime, but as i'm in day 3 of the current juicing fast it feels like withdrawal. It's pretty nasty feeling the addiction to food, so what i'm doing feels like it might have good long term affects on my diet.

Anywho, the first tank I made has been painted;

Before i show the group shot, this is my army list for the next few games;

Quote Originally Posted by Armoured List

HQ;
    Command Tank, leman russ vanquisher, beast hunter shells, extra armour, heavy bolters, Artificer hull,
    235pts

Elite;

Troops;
    Leman Russ
    150pts
    Leman Russ
    150pts
    Leman Russ Executioner heavy bolters
    210pts
    Thunderer
    140pts
    Thunder
    140pts

Fast Attack;
    Vulture gunship, Twin-linked punisher cannon
    155pts

Heavy Support;

Lord of War;
    Praetor Armoured Assault Launcher, 2x lascannon
    320pts

total; 1500pts
    Because this army list was put together last night i've had to go scrumping for units. There's a few short term proxies... a paper thunderer and a vulture made of out valkyrie with hades autocannons magnetised on, but it'll do the job until i can buy the missing models.

This should be a fun list to play, not least of all because screw scoring!

-skrall
    Like my work? Give a visit to my facebook page. It's a sort of hobby blog; https://www.facebook.com/nerdbydesignuk

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Skrall View Post

Wow great work on this tanks Skrall, great work.

Glad you have decided to lose wieght, being overwieght is not good for you, as I found out last year thanks to a Sliding Haitias Hernia, since the secondry symptoms started (which is why I even went to the doctors in the first place, thus finding the hernia) I have slowly lost wieght, at the start of 2013 I wieghed about 120 (about 19 stone)+, now I'm down to around the 95 mark, still some way to go though....

Just be careful of the diet your on, I've heard mixed things about those kinds of diets.
    "I was there the day Horus slew the Emperor".....
    my blog http://madlapsedwargamer.blogspot.co.uk/

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Richardson View Post
    Wow great work on this tanks Skrall, great work.

Glad you have decided to lose wieght, being overwieght is not good for you, as I found out last year thanks to a Sliding Haitias Hernia, since the secondry symptoms started (which is why I even went to the doctors in the first place, thus finding the hernia) I have slowly lost wieght, at the start of 2013 I wieghed about 120 (about 19 stone)+, now I'm down to around the 95 mark, still some way to go though....

Just be careful of the diet your on, I've heard mixed things about those kinds of diets.
    it's working for me, but i only plan to be on it as a kick starter for a real life change. Slow changes have been happening since around about new year, but i'm ramping it up each month.

Anyway, Project Zoica continues today. I've continued to build up the first thunderer, built up the other two tanks with small details that will improve them and found a 4th hull. If i can find a spare turret it shall become a leman russ, otherwise it may well turn into a second thunderer.

-skrall
    Like my work? Give a visit to my facebook page. It's a sort of hobby blog; https://www.facebook.com/nerdbydesignuk

[url]http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440253a&prodId=prod8000 3a[/url]

This should give you MOST of the parts for an old Ryza turret, minus the mounting bracket.

Wow!! I read the Gaunt's Ghost story about the War and how finally St. Sabbat helped cleanse the world of Foul Chaos and the Hive ruins once called Zoica! This tank looks absolutely great. Now you need Gaunt and/or St Sabbat with power swords to chop it into little chaos pieces =)!! The Emperor Protects!

I like the Vulture as Vendetta w/ Hades Autocannons. I'd encourage you to convert a vendetta like that, instead of getting the actual vulture model. Maybe add some side thrusters on the fuselage for the whole Vector-Dancer vibe.

Chaplain

I love it! I giggled a little at the thunder hammer, though...

"Drive me closer, so I can WALLOP IT WITH MY HAMMER!"

Battle-Brother

That is a really impressive tank. I can recognize most of the parts, but where did you get the main turret guns and the bay the hull HB is mounted in?

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by SecondJames View Post
    That is a really impressive tank. I can recognize most of the parts, but where did you get the main turret guns and the bay the hull HB is mounted in?
    main turret is FW, the drawn back hull is scratch build around the panel that mounts a heavy bolter on the standard russ.

Thanks for all the kind comments guys! I'm pushing on even on my birthday;

3 tanks with all the basics done, now i can spend the day painting them up to standard. that, or finish building the last two.

Zoica rises!

-skrall

Veteran-Sergeant

So its time for the next two painted models to show up. Not often i say this, but i'm quite proud of them. I love the dull dusty and gritty effects that i've achieved. I've updated the AT70 to bring it into line with the next two, the Executioner and thunderer. Overall i'm happy with the result;

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast