BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Asuryan View Post
    i hate when people can't use the scatter dice properly, the arrow is pointing to the back left of my unit but somehow scatters directly left and gets more guys.
    The scatter dice really needs to be bigger, with a proper arrow on it, so you can line up the direction better. I should get one of those custom dice makers to make a batch.
    Anuvver triumph uv orky know-wotz!

+1 to mike lawler's number nine. Thats really irritating the person who use to play and now doesn't and bashes the game. Then you bash on their hobby and they are super defensive.
    Purge the Weak!

Quote Originally Posted by SquigBrain View Post
    The scatter dice really needs to be bigger, with a proper arrow on it, so you can line up the direction better. I should get one of those custom dice makers to make a batch.
    I always request to my opponent that they (and I) roll the scatter die alone as close a possible to the unit/units scattering or the blast marker center. THEN 2/3s of the time roll the 2D6 for distance. It's so much easier to gauge proper direction when it's as close as possible to the item scattering.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric French View Post
    I always request to my opponent that they (and I) roll the scatter die alone as close a possible to the unit/units scattering or the blast marker center. THEN 2/3s of the time roll the 2D6 for distance. It's so much easier to gauge proper direction when it's as close as possible to the item scattering.
    Yeah, rolling it closer definitely helps. I really can't stand it when my opponent rolls it on their side of the table, then walks all the way around and glances at it once.. then puts the template over my unit.. that is almost 90 degrees to the other direction..

I tire of players who are poor losers AND poor winners... the type that crow about how well they did when they win but go on and on about how they got screwed when they lose (i.e.: the scenario screws their army in particular, their codex is underpowered and thus they always are playing from behind, the dice screwed them, etc).
    Looking for a game in the San Antonio area? You can find me here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/175757472448931/

The guys who don't respect the miniatures, the terrain, and the people around them.

Quote Originally Posted by Quaade View Post
    Slow players, those rattle me more than anything else. A cheater is just someone whose ego is so brittle they have to resort to anything to get the win so they can feel good about themselves.

Someone who's slow on the other hand... He's just wasting everyones time and it gets me really -really- angry.

Even looking at a table with a slow player can make my blood boil.
    Don't play my mate then, he can take over an hour at X-wing.....
    Astra Miliwotsit? You're in the Guard now son....

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Copeland View Post
    the scenario screws their army in particular
    I can see this being annoying for sore losers if it happens all the time, but i think everyone has a game or two where they were screwed before it even began. Just to day i had a game at a different store against tau. We ended up playing emperor's will with hammer and anvil deployment, and if that wasn't bad enough the table wasn't a 6X4 but an 8X4 so i had to get an extra foot closer to use my guns and he had the backfield to actually use the 36+ range weapons. He also ended up stealing the initiative, which is when i gave up all hope of winning. I still played out the game and it was closer than expected and if i had not failed a 5 inch charge i could have tied it up, but the game ended with him winning.
    Last edited by Asuryan; 03-29-2014 at 10:06 PM.

Asuryan, I see where you are coming from. It's how you react after it's all over that matters. Folks choose to win or lose graciously or not. I'm talking about the players who act as if they are Alexander the Great every time they win and then piss and moan about how the deck was completely stacked against them when they lose.
    Looking for a game in the San Antonio area? You can find me here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/175757472448931/

Librarian

1. Scatter dice please roll them next to what yoru shooting at it makes things alot easier.
    2. please win or loose graciously if you cannot do so then the next time we play i will make noises and very vulgar descriptions of what happens to your models as they die.
    3. roll your damn dice where i can see them... no box rolling no rolling them into terrain and if the dice cant be flat re roll it.
    4. if your dice are sucking do no bemoan me for having aveage dice rolls.
    5. If i beat you its not my army its not that your army sucks its simply i played a better game then you and had some die rolls go my way. it happens just breath its not the end of the world.
    6. psychic powers. buy enough damn cards or clearly write down what is what... if it feels like your cheating its probably because you are.
    7.tell your opponent what type of game you want to play.. do not be the guys who comes to a casual game with a netlist that just won ATC when i'm playing a list for amusement... if you wanna play a tournement game we can play that if you want friendly we can do that as well. its called communication.
    8. army lists... have one that is present and legible. same with your rules and codex I do not want you ratclaws all over my books... if anyones going to scuff or break my bindings it had better be me.
    9. if you break one of my models or knock it over juust say your sorry i wont rip your head off but when you dont say anything and as the game ends i see somethings broken then i'll be upset with you...
    10. hygene please for the love of all that is holy show and use some damn deodorant... is that to much to ask? (if you cannot abide by 10 then i reserve the right to bring a flask and become beligerent more and more after each sip )
    unfiltered since 85. Don't like me tell some one who cares

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast