BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Tabling opponents in three turns. I don't like it because you inadvertently become TFG without trying.

Thinking that a blast tempate that isnt barrage can magically wound models out of line of sight.
    People that do not understand that feel no pain ignores wounds period. Only one thing can stop it and that is instant death. It aint that hard.
    "MCs that are flying dont get cover right?" Ugggghhhhh

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by sfshilo View Post
    Thinking that a blast tempate that isnt barrage can magically wound models out of line of sight.reading the FAQs helps
    People that do not understand that feel no pain ignores wounds period. Only one thing can stop it and that is instant death. It aint that hard.
    "MCs that are flying dont get cover right?" Ugggghhhhh
    Just sayin
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Chaplain

Typically when being used that way the term "that's gay" or the ever so popular "that's so gay" is intended to mean a result that was bad or pick your choice of other negative vernacular. My personal objection to its use isn't that it somehow offends a homosexual by being compared to something negative, so much as it tells me the person I am dealing with shows a lack of decent communication skills or maturity, I'd feel the same way dealing with someone that said F this or F that every other sentence.

There are two things a guy at my store moves his models so slowly and he plays nids. Then second i use alot of fw and people just sit there all game like can i see the rules and i have to show them every turn...UGH
    Purge the Weak!

Brother-Sergeant

What grind's my gears? i have a list.

) scheduled opponent who shows up with out a proper list , heck i once played a guy with a 4ed C:MS , his list was completely invalid such as a tactical squad with 2 heavy weapons and no sarg, my world eaters ended up wiping him off the map with Kharn with a personal kill count of 32 .

) power gaming opponent who decides before hand what the terrine/coversaves are going to be , shows up with an illegible list and refuses to identify his squads and off table assets.
    I always identify what each of my units are and what there carrying , including transports as well as special characters and off table assets.
    he pulled an orbital strike out of his *** and i lost the game on turn 1, i was so pist i haven't played a game in months.

) abuse of proxies and cheep *** conversion , way WAY back in the days of the 4th edition , some guy did a gray knight army by converting regular marines , with very little effort put in to it , lets just say i had strong opinions amount his army , especially as i already purchased 200$ worth of metal gray knight that i was in the process of meticulously painting and detailing .
    An other was a bunch bitz bash buggy count as ig sentinels , how are thoes walkers ? looks more like an ork mek's shopping cart WITH DAKKA.

)and finally , preferential treatment during events/campaign, Friends of the campaign manager got special breaks and where awarded points that regular players diden't benefit from , i quit the event in protest.

Chapter-Master

+1 Go slows, Backseat Tacticians and endless proxies. Also the magic transport trick where units start in one and surprisingly end up in another.

The first 2 I find particularly frustrating at the latter stages of a game. Please do not approach my table on Turn 5 if you are incapableof keeping your cakehole shut.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Occuli Imperator

Let us try and keep it civil please.

If in doubt: [url]http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/faq.php?faq=termsmaster#faq_bolsrules[/url]
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Occuli Imperator

I think one of the problems is that as language "evolves" that words gain alternate meaning or even while retaining the same meaning gain a perjorative sense which isn't always meant by the original speaker.

What grinds my gears while gaming is one of my mates who before the game will do a well if you take X i'll take Y which will beat it then then after the game explain how I only won by luck and that the pivotal moment was a lucky result and if I had rolled "bad" dice then an result wouldn't have happened.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Occuli Imperator

If you wish to carry this on else where can I suggest The Oubliette would be the place for it.
    Back on topic please which incase we forgot:
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley View Post
    Sometimes when you play random people for pick up games at the FLGS you run into shenanigans, the unexpected or things that for whatever reason, just don't sit right with you. How do you deal with them?

One thing that drives me crazy are the way some players move their flyers. Recently in a game against 2 Plague Drones and 1 Heldrake, the player kept rotating them 90-120 degrees before moving, or adjusted their rotation after moving, just slightly, to get that 45 degree arc of fire in line... Because you usually measure, the pick it up and move it by eyeball, their movement is really easy to finagle.

The other one is, when a player is obviously using certain dice to roll high (saves, to hit) and different dice to roll low (leadership etc). These dice might even be different manufacture or size/style and the player insists it's just luck.

So how do you deal with this in a friendly pick up game situation? It feels like bringing it up is accusing the player of cheating, which it is, and then the friendly atmosphere is stifled. I've considered saying "Those dice seem to be rolling really well, would you mind if I use them also?"

As far as flyers go, I'm at a loss. It seems their prowess combined with the loose 'measure, pick up and place' mechanics are just ripe for exploitation.
    Last edited by Wolfshade; 03-28-2014 at 05:00 AM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast