BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

yeah the whole "these are genetic experiments....thats just....yeah

and the explosions....why? TMNT has never been about explosions and giant fight city wide chaos....

I mean they are NINJAS for christ sake
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Chapter-Master

From the trailer, I feel like there might be cool stuff in the movie. I'd just like to actually see some of it, rather than rapid cuts of random bad guys getting thrown into walls. It's the fight scene equivalent of random, nonsensical explosions.
    Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    Want to put money on the reason?
    I could make a stripper joke here, but I can't think of any that would sound sexist. Plus, Eldargal would probably derail the thread.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Brother-Captain

Meh. Not my childhood. I was in college when the original graphic novel was first published. For me it was the cartoons that turned the whole franchise into a chocolate mess.
    Necron2.0 (a.k.a. me) - "I used to wrestle with inner demons. Now we just sit for tea and scones, and argue over the weather."

First-Captain

I must be one of the few who actucally like it and is looking forward to it....

And IIRC the turtles were the results of an experiment, mostly by accident though...

It has been two decades since I owned the original graphic novels and read them....
    "I was there the day Horus slew the Emperor".....
    my blog http://madlapsedwargamer.blogspot.co.uk/

Meh, the only person who can destroy my childhood memories is me, so whatevs. I also don't think Megan Fox is as bad as most people think, she just seems to get cast in fairly meh roles a lot. I'm more annoyed by the fact they are apparently making Shredder white instead of Japanese, because god knows they don't whitewash enough characters already. It says something when a reboot in 2014 is less diverse than the original (film)in 1990 or whenever it was.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Meh, the only person who can destroy my childhood memories is me, so whatevs. I also don't think Megan Fox is as bad as most people think, she just seems to get cast in fairly meh roles a lot. I'm more annoyed by the fact they are apparently making Shredder white instead of Japanese, because god knows they don't whitewash enough characters already. It says something when a reboot in 2014 is less diverse than the original (film)in 1990 or whenever it was.
    really? The shredder is no longer a samurai....man I think I'm just going to skip this one and go back to watching TMNT
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

He may be a samurai but he might be white...
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Occuli Imperator

More importantly, what about Beebop and Rocksteady?
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

To be fair, EG, they may have whitewashed Shredder, but according to IMDB they un-whitewashed Baxter. But I second your thoughts.

I'm in.

Silly film looks silly.

For those worried about a kids film being silly, don't worry. Sooner or later I'm sure someone will update your childhood favourites to Frenchy Art House Noire quasi-silent films.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast