BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Regenerating Super Stompa!

just a quick questions on a stompa and repairs.

first da situation- 1 Stompa, 2 big meks and 5 lootas. the lootas have 3 upgraded to meks.

Each mek has a mek tools wargear (pg. 99 ork codex- loota wargear). Player puts unit in stompa. that leaves the ability for each mek/ big mek to try and repair the stomp for one hull point each every controlling player shooting phase.

The theory- So the Stompa could possibly gain back up to 5 Hull points a turn, with all the meks in his belly.

Just checking with the community to see if i am missing something?

thanks all in advance!
    Last edited by eventgrot; 03-28-2014 at 02:30 PM.

Chaplain

That's just another triumph for Orky know wotz!

That should work just fine, unless the Stompa takes too many hits in one turn.

Brother-Sergeant

More nailz means more stompin'!

Sounds like a kunnin' plan, worthy uv a sneaky Blood Axe.
    Anuvver triumph uv orky know-wotz!

Quote Originally Posted by SquigBrain View Post
    More nailz means more stompin'!

Sounds like a kunnin' plan, worthy uv a sneaky Blood Axe.
    Have a big mek as your warboss with a KFF and slap him in there with them too for even more fun.
    MY New blog not much in it at the moment its not long been set up. gerbilmodels.blogspot.com

Brother-Captain

All i'd do differently is fill it with burna boys instead, then they can get out and krump stuff if required.
    Stompa, 1 Bigmek (PK + KFF), 1 Bigmek (Burna), full unit of Burna Boyz with 3 meks.
    If you're going double force org/apoc then shove Grotsnik in there and make them cybork burnas!
    Mwah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! etc.....
    Wolfman of the Horsepack of Derailment
    The artist formerly known as "WTF you can't say that!"

Quote Originally Posted by eventgrot View Post
    first da situation- 1 Stompa, 2 big meks and 5 lootas. the lootas have 3 upgraded to meks.

The theory- So the Stompa could possibly gain back up to 5 Hull points a turn, with all the meks in his belly.

I'z tell ya what yer missin!

Da Stompa is dead 'eavy, right. Supa-'eavy, if ya will. Dat means it can 'old loadsa mobs at once.* So ya can stikk ANUVVER two mobs a' Lootas or Burnas in dere fer... um... carry da one... six more Mekboyz!

*Apocalypse page 66, "Transport Capacity" or Escalation page 13, "Super-Heavy Transports"

just pray you don't get the old 'double tap' from the Aquila cannon. haha, that can off the stompa in a single turn. I know, I've seen it happen.
    Astra Miliwotsit? You're in the Guard now son....

Quote Originally Posted by Houghten View Post
    I'z tell ya what yer missin!

Da Stompa is dead 'eavy, right. Supa-'eavy, if ya will. Dat means it can 'old loadsa mobs at once.* So ya can stikk ANUVVER two mobs a' Lootas or Burnas in dere fer... um... carry da one... six more Mekboyz!

*Apocalypse page 66, "Transport Capacity" or Escalation page 13, "Super-Heavy Transports"

Why settle for 2 mobs, when you can go for 3? with a big mek and 9 meks you get 10 repair rolls muhhahahaha. then 10 lootas or burnas split between the 3 mobs to get up to legal size mobs

All right, screw the Orky accent, I need to explain this eloquently: firstly, three mobs is exactly what is meant by "another two," and secondly, your plan has four more lootas / burnas than you need in minimum size mobs. You could be taking up some of that transport capacity with a second Big Mek instead.

Quote Originally Posted by eventgrot View Post
    just a quick questions on a stompa and repairs.

Each mek has a mek tools wargear (pg. 99 ork codex- loota wargear). Player puts unit in stompa. that leaves the ability for each mek/ big mek to try and repair the stomp for one hull point each every controlling player shooting phase.

thanks all in advance!
    Ive been doing the same, but your forgetting another rule that i use. The Stompa can hold multipal units. so u can put two big meks with the re-roll repair squigs, and 3 squads of 6 loota's all upgraded with 3 meks each, repairing a total of 11 hull points per turn with 6 one time re-rolls My friends hate me. Also, give one of those meks the KFF for the cover save. Lastly, remember the Stompa can't fire overwatch, but occupents inside can, and u can do it 3 different times sence u have 3 different squads Have fun! & dont expect to keep any friends after using these tactics