BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default If you're moaning about how ugly the Taurox is...

Step 1: assemble your new Taurox.

Step 2: pick your poison.
    [url]http://zinge.co.uk/index.php?route=product/category&path=18_59[/url]
    [url]http://www.tankworkshop.com/Shop/agora.cgi?next=30&exact_match=on&product=Tank+Make r[/url]
    I like [url]http://zinge.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=18_59&product_id=226[/url]

Step 3: Turn tracks into Rapier Weapon Carrier chassis. Seriously - Quad Bolters and Graviton Cannons are awesome.

Done.

Now, can we get down to discussing how pretty the new stormtrooper miniatures are, as well as how insanely overpriced like we always do?
    Last edited by YorkNecromancer; 03-28-2014 at 01:38 PM.
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

Librarian

Amen to that.

Now into the storm troopers um heck ya. i know i will be getting a few of them just so i can model strom troopers with baretts on them. As for their price well that's GW so i have just come to accept it. just makes my decision to buy from 3rd party retailers all the more easy. Now for me the plans would be to run them in conjunction with the storm troopers i already have. roughly 30+ Painted up for inquisition so deffinatly not kasarkins. what i might use them for is fill ins for my missing special weapons instead of buying them from ebay for an arm and a leg if this kit has the bits then they will easily fill that role.
    unfiltered since 85. Don't like me tell some one who cares

Chaplain

The fact, that you can convert this ugly thing, doesn´t make it any better or better looking. Its not ugly per se, for me the uglyest part are the four single track-"wheels" they are the reason the whole car looks ugly. The chassis is okay, the turret is okay. In general i´ll not buy a 38.- € tank-kit only to buy a lot of convertion kits/bits for 10-20 € more.
    Peace through superior Firepower!

Quote Originally Posted by YorkNecromancer View Post
    Now, can we get down to discussing how pretty the new stormtrooper miniatures are, as well as how insanely overpriced like we always do?
    After paying $50 for the new 5 man Sternguard plastics I'd say these guys, who to my eye are just as awesome, is a pretty good deal.

I don't really have plans for Guard at all, I'm already swamped with my Blood Ravens and plans for Tau that I have models piling up for, and the Knight I'm painting...but I'll probably get a box of these guys, because I think they look cool and at $35 they're not a crazy hit on my wallet.

Battle-Brother

I agree that conversions are possible, but Archon has a point, adding 10-20 bucks to convert a 50 dollar model is more than annoying. And once you convert it, all you have is a MRAP, the least tactical vehicle in modern military history. Had the model not been as ugly I would have planned on getting enough for a company of infantry, as it is I might get one. But, your right, moving on, storm troopers look awesome, will definitely be picking 2-3 boxes up when the release. Thinking about using cadian torsos though, so that they can fit in with my Kasrkin.

Now that we can see an official picture of the Taurox.. it looks dumb.. even with wheels .. that thing is just really really dumb.

Those Stormtroopers though.. OMG.. the parts can't possibly get into bits shops fast enough. I might end up getting enough for a command squad but the real gem is the components breakdown and the poses. Normally there's just this certain lifelessness associated with a multipart kit (without conversions) and while there have been some decent ones in the past, they still felt like a multipart kit. They've done a really good job IMO of overcoming that aspect of this kit and they look far more dynamic. The grenade launcher looks a bit awkward still but the others are just.. fantastic. Since that's a Command Squad.. I'm curious as to what a Tempestus Infantry Squad will look like or if we're forced to pay $7 a model for RnF troops..

EDIT: Also, It looks like this is separate from the IG. I'm not sure what GW are playing at but this is strictly intended as a Scions of the Schola Progenium force... ie.. Storm Troopers and Commissars. 4th ed IG players will recognize this from mentions in the Doctrines section and it's come up in some of the novels as well.
    Last edited by Mike Lawler; 03-28-2014 at 05:16 PM.

Librarian

You mean like we had to do with the storm raven that was an 80+ kit? Or do you mean like people have already done with the chimera kits... you spend money on conversion kits unless you scratch build the components? not sure where the issue is? heck the chapter house kits as 35-40$ its been so long i cant remember what i payed for it. If you dont like the model you can fix it or come up with a good counts as not sure what part of that is hard to comprehend.

And ya stormtroopers are drool worthy. they are similar to some of the original art and older sculpts which i am very happy to see with this rendition. me i hate cadians so kasarkins are not my storm troopers i spent time and money to hunt down the metal ones.
    unfiltered since 85. Don't like me tell some one who cares

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by gensu11 View Post
    I agree that conversions are possible, but Archon has a point, adding 10-20 bucks to convert a 50 dollar model is more than annoying. And once you convert it, all you have is a MRAP, the least tactical vehicle in modern military history. Had the model not been as ugly I would have planned on getting enough for a company of infantry, as it is I might get one. But, your right, moving on, storm troopers look awesome, will definitely be picking 2-3 boxes up when the release. Thinking about using cadian torsos though, so that they can fit in with my Kasrkin.
    Besides the horribly bad track units now that I've seen a 360 of it I also dislike the bank vault looking door on the rear. And who would ever mount the weapons on the sides of the thing and not use the turret? Unless for some reason turrets cost more points.

Those stormtroopers do indeed both rock and/or roll. Curse them for tempting me into yet another Guard army!

I think the Taurox would look great with my Squats. Somehow, I think it suits their aesthetic better than it suits the IG.

I'd like to see that Rapier conversion though...

Scout

I've got some ork mech boys waiting to add their touch for a new model battle wagon. Just add da right gubbins an bitz an ya gotz ya bang up orky tankz

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast