BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

The Astra Militarum is the new name for the Imperial Guard.

The Schola Progenium is indeed the place where the Militarum Tempestus train, as well as the Kasrkins, Stormtroopers, and Commissars.
    By the sounds of it, the Militarum Tempestus are a variant of Stormtrooper, just like Kasrkins.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

The Schola Progenium is where imperial orphans ara trained. They are indoctrinated into the Imperial Cult from a very ealy age (read also brainwashed) and that's why the most loyal servants of the emperor come out of there. Commissars were not Stormtroopers before. They are trained as Commissars as others are trained as Stormtroopers.

[url]http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Schola_Progenium#.Uzf2mVcpsqc[/url]

Also, just to clarify, Militarum Tempestus should be just the new name of stormtroopers, not an elite variant like kasrkins etc.etc. Militarum Tempestus is a *******ized latin phrase that could refer to that. Even if it doesn't mean anything in latin and it's deeply wrong, if we take Italian (wich is very similar to Latin as most of you may know), Militare = Trooper and Tempesta = Storm.
    If we check som late medieval latin (when the language was already very warped and twisted) we got also some references to Tempestus being used for weather and Milites meant soldier. So expet it to just be the new Stormtrooper name, they basically took italian, added um/us randomly to make it sound like true latin and here you go.

Anyone who really thinks this is an ugly model needs to have a look at real world tanks in history. A simple Google search for unusual tanks brings up some right corkers.
    The Taurox reminds me of two British military vehicles: the Morris C8, and the Humber Pig.

It's got the same boxy sided, armoured truck thing going on.
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

Looks old fashioned,future gothic is the situation,but this just looks lazy,ugly and out of place,more of an orky wagon to my mind,but hey,I'm sure to see conversions that blow my mind!Way expensive too,price of a nice tank that!

Battle-Brother

I think GW is going more modern. I think the Taurox is designed after a MRAP. For those that don't know what a MRAP is here is the wikipedia deff-Mine-Resistant Ambush Protected (MRAP; /ˈɛmræp/ EM-rap) vehicles are armored fighting vehicles used by various armed forces, whose designed purpose is surviving improvised explosive device (IED) attacks and ambushes. The first development in armored vehicles designed specifically to counter the land mine threat were initiated during the Rhodesian Bush War; existing technology was subsequently inherited (and matured) by the South African Defence Force after 1980

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by redking View Post
    I think GW is going more modern. I think the Taurox is designed after a MRAP. For those that don't know what a MRAP is here is the wikipedia deff-Mine-Resistant Ambush Protected (MRAP; /ˈɛmræp/ EM-rap) vehicles are armored fighting vehicles used by various armed forces, whose designed purpose is surviving improvised explosive device (IED) attacks and ambushes. The first development in armored vehicles designed specifically to counter the land mine threat were initiated during the Rhodesian Bush War; existing technology was subsequently inherited (and matured) by the South African Defence Force after 1980
    Since the Chimera is loosely based on the Soviet BMP I wish they'd have made this thing based on the BTR or even BRDM series wheeled APCs so it wouldn't look so out of place with them.

I can even take it being based off an MRAP or Buffalo if GW had given the thing wheels and normal hatches. Or even go fully or half tracked. But those individual track units are Terrible with a capital T. They make very little sense and since once again GW modeled tracks with full skirts all the way to the ground it should have a ride like a sled going over gravel. And that weird bank vault rear door seems really odd to me.

I guess I'll have to wait until I actually see one in the plastic so I can get a better sense of scale on it. If nothing else so I can figure out what wheels would go best on it.

Battle-Brother

I really want to like it, in fact I do really like a lot of it. But theres just something 'wrong' that I can't put my finger on.
    Maybe if the body sat a little lower on the tracks

[URL=http://s66.photobucket.com/user/Laevus85/media/2cfac755-c940-4c4f-b90e-a9dc2f790f68_zps02b49df1.jpg.html][/URL]

(Obviously without the big gap infront of the rear track as the body would go all the way behind it)

Its the slanted back and the weird shape of the tracks. It makes it look way to compressed.

That said, the Cadian garb that Laevus just posted moves the ball in the right direction for me. But the fact that its 4 tracks instead of a half-track ruins it. From a practical standpoint that thing's turn radius is measured in hundreds of feet as opposed to hundreds of inches.

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by TheKennanator View Post

the Cadian garb that Laevus just posted moves the ball in the right direction for me.
    That picture has been chopped about as well, I brought the tracks up the sides by about 50% of their height. if not more.

Looking at the preview of the digital Codex it says that the blue scheme belongs to the Militarum Tempestus regiment the 55th Kappic Eagles, theres an image of the 133rd Lambdan Lions in a red scheme who according to the fluff in the book have "served as auxilaries to the Adeptus Mechanicus" for over two milennia.

Can I post an image from the digital codex? It's free to anyone to download from the iBooks store but don't know if it goes against any kind of rules?

Brother-Sergeant

Am on the fence on this one , part of the aesthetics i like but something about the geometry of the whole thing looks really off.

maybe if it was wider or lower to the ground or something .

My first thought was it would have been awesome as a battle taxi for my catachan with flamers and brush cutting implements up front , unlike chimeras ,this thing looks like it has the muscle to power it's way threw the jungle .
    perhaps putting some big climbing wheels up front and double treads in the rear with some over done suspension .

Before i even think about buying that overpriced (censored) just to kitbash it , i want to see what the new guard codex has to say.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast