BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Denzark View Post
    Pretty sure my Black Legion does...
    Which is a supplement.

I also retract my statement about needing new missions and replace it with why they weren't in there in the first place. Six to eight pages for the three missions is all that would be needed. I have had them all for a while as I only get digital copies and they make for interesting mission objectives and change how most people would build lists.
    Last edited by Orange; 03-29-2014 at 07:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by This Dave View Post
    Starting to think these iBook and ebook releases are just a sneaky way for GW to proofread things without having to hire anyone to do it. They release them in electronic only format and usually correct/update a few things. Then after a while they release the corrected version in hardback form and get to sell it all over again.

This book though makes more sense as each volume for each army is too small on its own. Now that there's several it's large enough.
    Proofreading and basic Play testing?

So does anybody have the iBook version to tell us if they are any good?

I'll probably pick this up, I love having a variety of missions to play. If I never play the core rulebook missions again I'll be happy.

Battle-Brother

I get the electronic ones associated with my armies or those of my small play group. They're generally a mix of fun and quirky missions - some are clearly not designed for balance (think last stand type of things or alpha strike simulations). They don't usually depart too far from what you do in basic missions. You get a few extra secondary objectives in some and in others there may be some unique condition (one of the Tyranid missions has you "hearding" objective markers representing survivors either toward the Tyranid or the Enemy board edges - Tyranids trying to harvest and the Enemy trying to prevent it). In those cases you'll get a paragraph or two covering the special condition - but you'll find you'll want to spend some time digesting those with your opponent to ensure you both are on the same page as it were.

If you have the printed Battle Missions book you get a good sense of the type of missions that these entail.

Generally, I call them fun and prefer a few of the good ones over the standard missions when arranging a game, but they are best for those arranged games where you can lay out the engagement in advance and build your forces for them. Otherwise, in a random game sense some of them just don't work as you need to bring specific tools to the match in order to function.

I'll say I'm much more happy with the electronic versions compared to a printed one (won't be getting the book) as I only need to reference one scenario at a time and the interactive nature of the electronic one esp. with regard to special rules is far superior to what they'd be able to do in a print version.
    Last edited by gungagreg; 04-07-2014 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lord-boofhead View Post
    proofreading and basic play testing?
    <rotflol>
    "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." ~ T. Pratchett

So basically just Battle Missions for 6th ed?
    Astra Miliwotsit? You're in the Guard now son....

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstorm View Post
    <rotflol>
    You may laugh, but I ended up correcting Dataslate: Hellbrute for them as they obviously hadn't been assed to do it themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Cutter
    I ended up correcting Dataslate: Hellbrute for them
    Perhaps a silly question but what did you correct in the dataslate ?

(I bought that Dataslate the second it came out)

They are still refusing to fix the LotD Dex.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Eberk View Post
    Perhaps a silly question but what did you correct in the dataslate ?

(I bought that Dataslate the second it came out)
    Nothing major, when I got mine the Formation entry for all three formations referred to "A Mayhem Pack..." instead of "A Helcult..." and "A Helfist Murderpack...". A cut and paste error, but it always irks me to so such little effort put in.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Boofhead View Post
    They are still refusing to fix the LotD Dex.
    What's up with it?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12