BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Chaplain

Default Cost of a Living Tide

Anyone figured out the obligatory minimum point cost of a Living Tide with a Warlord(plus additional HQ)+ 2(4) Troops yet? I'm coming up with just shy of 3500 with bare minimum, at that point cost it almost may as well be Apocalypse
    Last edited by Gleipnir; 03-28-2014 at 11:16 PM.

Veteran-Sergeant

Where I think it belongs, that rule would be too O.P. for a regular game of 40K.

Chaplain

most of the rules for a Living Tide could have easily been incorporated into a Tyrant Node with a points adjustment, and a better 5th formation under 1000 points could have been provided. Just feels like a missed opportunity to showcase a formation option including Old One Eye or the Swarmlord
    Last edited by Gleipnir; 03-29-2014 at 02:39 PM.

Battle-Brother

From looking at it long and hard, I have a niggling feeling the intention was probably for use in Apocalypse. Points cost and rules aside, This is part 3 of the invasion, the end of the planet, and maybe intended to be used for a large, concluding battle in a campaign. Or something...

Quote Originally Posted by Slinkyskink View Post
    From looking at it long and hard, I have a niggling feeling the intention was probably for use in Apocalypse. Points cost and rules aside, This is part 3 of the invasion, the end of the planet, and maybe intended to be used for a large, concluding battle in a campaign. Or something...
    We're uh forging a narrative, boys!

And to my best guess, it's 3095 points... Still too much, and it'll be so much more after the obligatory options. (Like guns for Tyrants, extra Venomthropes, bulked up troops, guns on Warriors, etc.)

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Honestly.

These ones are a bit of a wash...I mean why are warriors compulsory all over the place?
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Because you won't use them otherwise.....?
    Astra Miliwotsit? You're in the Guard now son....

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    Honestly.

These ones are a bit of a wash...I mean why are warriors compulsory all over the place?
    For myself its not the extra 90-100 points the Warrior tax imposes for the special rules that gets me its the need to go out and buy more Warriors at their current price, if I did want to use more than the 9 I already have. Though rerolling 1's To Wound with Warrior Boneswords on the Wrecker Node is a nice plus.
    Last edited by Gleipnir; 03-29-2014 at 06:18 PM.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Gleipnir View Post
    For myself its not the extra 90-100 points the Warrior tax imposes for the special rules that gets me its the need to go out and buy more Warriors at their current price, if I did want to use more than the 9 I already have. Though rerolling 1's To Wound with Warrior Boneswords on the Wrecker Node is a nice plus.
    A brood of zoans would have suited the wrecker brrod so much better
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    A brood of zoans would have suited the wrecker brrod so much better
    If you meant the Bioblast Node, I couldn't agree with you more.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast