BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Fly Lord

Default Black Library: Horus Heresy Quick Reads Ebundle

[URL="http://www.blacklibrary.com/horus-heresy/hh-quick-reads-ebundle.html"]THE HORUS HERESY: QUICK READS EBUNDLE [/URL]$19.99

ABOUT THIS SERIES:
    From the first hesitant rumours of the Warmaster’s betrayal to the post-apocalyptic wastelands of worlds ravaged by orbital assault and hideous daemons, the tales of the Horus Heresy will be told for millennia still to come...

IN THIS EBUNDLE
    Featuring some of the best known authors in the Horus Heresy series, this collection includes every Quick Reads short story currently available, ready to add to your basket in one easy click:

Censure
    Honour to the Dead
    Riven
    The Divine Word
    Lost Sons
    Distant Echoes of Old Night
    The Gates of Terra
    Kryptos
    Army of One
    Bjorn: Lone Wolf

I'm strangely intrigued by this one, just for the sake of not having to track down all the individual short stories. Has anyone read any of these? Are they worth it for readers of the full length HH novels?
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Hi, I've red a few of these titles and I must say that are not bad but the problem is that it is a REALLY short story. I do not remember but I believe that the Lone Wolf was like 5 pages long on my reader so you are going to pay like 30 bucks for approx. 30 pages.

I heard Censure as an audio book and it is good - Thiel from Know No Fear, and what happens on the rad-soaked Calth, more fun practical/theoretical. Kryptos is good as it pairs that Iron Hand and Raven Guard together. Dark Mechanicum goodness with a nice twist (if recall serves me). Army of One is about an assassin and is quite short, little revenge piece. Just refreshed myself by reading the BL blurb, Gates of Terra is also pretty cool.

Some older stories but not worth the price tag, maybe as a book, sure - but definitely not for an eBook

Chapter-Master

Where does '30 bucks' come from - BR has put $19.99 at the top?
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

I lost the HH stories somewhere.
    In my country they had licensed them to another publisher. This publisher made all the translations and put them out in a numbered order. In the middle of this BL decided to do it itself again and now I dont even know which books are available, which ones are out but not translated which one is a short story I already own in a compendium or which one is an audio drama not getting translated at all.
    In short its a mess. I believe I have at least a few of the books above... or I dont... im confused... is "Army of one" the same as the audio drama?

Occuli Imperator

And I thought it was confusing just in English. Sad time Charon.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni