BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch's Dark Agent View Post
    Did no one read The Girl's post? These are all off topic posts, please stop. Or make another thread.
    How is what FW products are presented at a FW open day off topic?
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    I'm not really sure why Forgeworld is even separate. They're literally in the same building, designing often duplicate sets of rules and models for the same game and often the same units at the same time. Why treat them so differently?
    I've wondered the same myself. Why not produce, say, a Codex: Adeptus Mechanicus book which combines both Forge World Mechanicum models as well as plastic Skitarri and other units in the same army? I'm sure plenty of players would welcome seeing a codex book which includes all these fantastic Forge World Mechanicum models.

Chapter-Master

I'm really impressed with the progress made on the Dread Saurian. I was one of the few that admired the unfinished sculpt shown at Games Day last year, and I'm happy to see that most others now agree that it is a great model
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

Another random question...

Compared to the test rules, how different are the:
    • Fire Raptor Gunship
    • Kharybdis Assault Claw
    • Achilles-Alpha Pattern Land Raider
    • Anvilus Pattern Dreadclaw Drop Pod
    Last edited by rabscutle; 04-03-2014 at 01:57 PM.
    Favorite Team Mate - 40k Narrative (Heresy) WARGames Con 2013
    Favorite Player - 40k Narrative (Armageddon) WARGames Con 2011
    Favorite Opponent - Warmachine Steamroller - WARGames Con 2010

Chapter-Master

Considering it's a corporation, it's probably because two different executives aren't willing to relinquish control over either of their respective teams, so they stay separate.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    Considering it's a corporation, it's probably because two different executives aren't willing to relinquish control over either of their respective teams, so they stay separate.
    Actually, it's because, at least originally, they had two very different target markets. GW in general was pointed at the 10-14 year old boy demographic, and were expected to only produce high-volume products.

Forgeworld was/is intended for the for the smaller audience of dedicated veteran lunatics, and the production of products that wouldn't have as large a sales volume. It's also a sort of consumer and playtesting lab, as they can experiment with rules and models, and see what sticks with the fans. It has been kept separate from the main body of GW for good reasons.
    Anuvver triumph uv orky know-wotz!

Fly Lord

Warseer's [URL="http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?392325-Imperial-Armour-Volume-13-War-Machines-of-the-Lost-and-the-Damned&p=7116319&viewfull=1#post7116319"]Pushkin[/URL] says:
    IA13 is called War Machines of the Lost and the Damned.
    It is written by Andy Hoare and edited by Talima Fox.
    It will be released in Summer/Autumn 2014.

The book will contain an updated Chaos Renegades list similar to the one found in the Vraks trilogy, along with numerous chaos vehicles/war machines including updated versions of the Horus Heresy vehicles for the traitors to use in regular games of 40k. It's unclear whether this will be a variant of the 'Defenders of Vraks' list in IA1, the servants of slaughter list in IA6 or the servants of decay list in IA7. I imagine it will be a reworked version of all three. (i.e. quite chaosy but without the campaign specific units like the Alpha Legion). Talima described the list as being the renegade version of what the list in IA12 was for the Death Korps of Krieg - make of that what you will!

The art book was on display at the open day and had pictures of a Chaos Thunderhawk, Chaos Stormeagle and the Anvilluss pattern and Kharybdis assault claw.
    Speaking to Andy Hoare he mentioned the rules for the Horus heresy era war machines would be updated to reflect the ten thousands years that they had spent in the warp and the access to munitions that the chaos legions had. He gave two examples, the first being the missile load out on the Storm Eagle, instead of the tempest rockets load out it will have access to Balefire missiles.

The second example was the class M2KB Landraider. Instead of the explorator augatory web which is designed for scanning enemy positions and co-ordinating forces, however due to the corruption of the warp this is now used to intercept enemy positions and thwart their movements. It will be interesting to see the rules for this.The greater brass scorpion of Khorne and the decimator engine also had new renders on screen in the graphics part, which suggests that updated rules for these models.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Oh **** that.

Waiting two years for IA13 with Dark Eldar, we hear nothing for months and months and then the first news is that they have changed it to be about ****ing Chaos.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    Warseer's [URL="http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?392325-Imperial-Armour-Volume-13-War-Machines-of-the-Lost-and-the-Damned&p=7116319&viewfull=1#post7116319"]Pushkin[/URL] says:

IA13 is called War Machines of the Lost and the Damned.
    I like Andy Hoare, I've spoken to him and he's a nice guy, but for Forgeworld itself:

Chapter-Master

For those of us who arent Xenos only players, it does sound good and makes sense from a buisness point of view, allowing all the lovely 30k stuff greater access into 40K, after the loyalists got so much in Imp Arm 2 Vol 2.

It does, as has been mentioned by my esteemed Xenos Sisters above, put pay to the FW answer of 30k and 40k would be balenced and wed see the same release numbers from one to the next. 30K has seen 2, nearly 3 unique books and tons of model sets. 40k has seen 2 reprints for existing books and 1 (Rvarna) unique model in the same time frame
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast