BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPaladin View Post
    I am super disappointed that the lancer isn't for regular 40k... but if I say that too loud, the Chaos guys will dogpile me.
    What makes you say it isn't for regular 40k? I'm at least as willing to play against a lancer as any other sort of knight.

My guess is that 'experimental rules' for the lancer in regular 40k will be released in a PDF alongside the release of the model (and later in a book, such as a knight world focused IA or something). Codex Imperial Knights does mention lancers several times. They do exist in M41. Although I guess it is possible that they have different armament, etc.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by deinol View Post
    What makes you say it isn't for regular 40k? I'm at least as willing to play against a lancer as any other sort of knight.
    Someone I know on Facebook who is there confirmed that it's written for 30k... He could be wrong, of course, or interpreting partially correct information, but that's what he's got.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Daemon-Prince

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPaladin View Post
    I am super disappointed that the lancer isn't for regular 40k... but if I say that too loud, the Chaos guys will dogpile me.
    ****** Bolter* Soooo what where you saying about chaos players?
    Potential war gameing Jawa.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by White Tiger88 View Post
    ****** Bolter* Soooo what where you saying about chaos players?
    Oh, you know. Things.

As I am now officially a Chaos player, I have no complaints, yet.
    If Forge World say they will get round to it, they will, but they have a rather hefty project on their hands. I am patient.

I already have 5 Knights anyway.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    This basically being exactly what I'm talking about, the apologists will always move those goal posts rather than admit they were not only wrong, but that GW doesnt luv them forever and evar
    And we're right back to reinforcing the idea that Chaos players flat out make things up and then get angry about them. First Chaos players think GW said they could use Imperial Knights when no one from GW ever said any such thing, and now we have Chaos players claiming someone put a deadline on when Chaos Knights would make an appearance. When did anyone ever say "Forge World will put out Chaos Knights by such and such date"? Please, if someone did, please point out the link.

As for being "wrong", how in the world do you get the idea that we're wrong? Like a poster above mentioned, that Forge World went ahead and made an entire Knight Lancer pretty much from scratch and has produced extra weapon arms, most likely for the Knight Crusader and Knight Warden, supports our arguments. It certainly doesn't disprove them. If Forge World did NOTHING for the Knights, then that might prove us wrong, but Forge World is clearly producing Knight expansions. That they haven't done Chaos Knights yet, or at least shown them yet, doesn't mean that it won't happen. Honestly, it's like you're totally incapable of logical thought, because I can't fathom why in the world you think that, because something hasn't happened yet, that it will NEVER EVER EVER happen. Is there some kind of deadline that I'm unaware of? If a Chaos Knight isn't produced by the end of this month, does that mean that GW and Forge World will be physically incapable of producing a Chaos Knight for all time? Are they under some sort of magical curse which renders them incapable of producing a model for release later this year or later? I honestly have a hard time figuring out why you have such a difficult time grasping the concept that, just because something hasn't been done right now, it doesn't mean that it won't be done tomorrow, or the next day, or the day after that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by skeletoro View Post
    My guess is that 'experimental rules' for the lancer in regular 40k will be released in a PDF alongside the release of the model (and later in a book, such as a knight world focused IA or something). Codex Imperial Knights does mention lancers several times. They do exist in M41. Although I guess it is possible that they have different armament, etc.
    Well, the ones in Epic 40,000 have a Battle Cannon instead of an Ion Gauntlet Shield, so it may be that 40k versions don't have that, so who knows? A 40k version, then, might lose the Ion Gauntlet Shield in place of a standard Ion Shield and Rapid-Fire Battle Cannon, as well as 1 Attack from its profile.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch's Dark Agent View Post
    As I am now officially a Chaos player, I have no complaints, yet.
    If Forge World say they will get round to it, they will, but they have a rather hefty project on their hands. I am patient.

I already have 5 Knights anyway.
    Everyone knows you're a classy dude.

I actually won two games with them yesterday. I thought that it was impossible for Chaos to win?
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Quote Originally Posted by The Emperor View Post
    Well, the ones in Epic 40,000 have a Battle Cannon instead of an Ion Gauntlet Shield, so it may be that 40k versions don't have that, so who knows? A 40k version, then, might lose the Ion Gauntlet Shield in place of a standard Ion Shield and Rapid-Fire Battle Cannon, as well as 1 Attack from its profile.
    I can't imagine they wouldn't leave the Gauntlet Shield in place and just port the design straight across, modulo a minor price tweak if needed. Otherwise, if you lose 1A and put the battlecannon back on, there really isn't much difference between the Lancer and the stock Knight Paladin kit.
    Thank you for voxing the Church of Khorne, would you like to donate a skull to the Skull Throne today?

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast