BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Thread: Rebel Swarm?

Default Rebel Swarm?

So I was playing around with ideas on the Z-95 headhunter and how its a cheap missile platform, and then i accidentally discovered this. Have i found the rebel swarm? The only thing this list has going for it is the missiles, but it forces players to keep their ships farther apart or risk getting chopped to pieces by a salvo of assault missile damage. I can imagine TIE swarm players looking at this and sweating profusely.
    Thoughts? Ideas? Too cheesey? Just enough copy+paste?

Tala Squadron Pilot (19)
    Z-95 Headhunter (13), Assault Missiles (5), Munitions Failsafe (1)

Tala Squadron Pilot (19)

Tala Squadron Pilot (19)

Tala Squadron Pilot (19)

Lieutenant Blount (24)
    Z-95 Headhunter (17), Assault Missiles (5), Swarm Tactics (2)

Librarian

Its a solid idea but a rebel swarm won't work as well as a imperial one just because it doesn't have the same mechanics as the ties. They boost each other. Will work though.
    I didn't do it. You can't prove i did it. Ok I'm sorry send me the bill.

I wouldn't call 5 headhunters a swarm. Seven or eight would be a swarm. You can already make a squadron of 5 of the stronger rebel ships.

That would be F*** you tie swarm list with the ability to spam Assault Missiles I mean you have the Potential to pretty much wipe out the entire swarm with one round of fire. (potential being the key word here)

Honestly I see the Z-95 Headhunter as a great filler ship for the Rebels. Have 1 or 2 more powerful ships and then fill up the list with Z-95s instead of upgrades.

I genuinely think that the Z-95 will bring the biggest meta shift since... well ever. And that's a good thing. Funnily enough a 7-9 Tie swarm without Howlrunner and not flying in formation might be strong against this Z-95 list.