BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Champion of Nurgle

The new Crimson Slaughter supplement has breathed new life into my Nurgle Marine Army. Specifically, it has inspired me to build a new Champion to lead this horde.

These are the early mock up poses of the model. Much more green stuff to come.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	247 
Size:	119.8 KB 
ID:	8124

Views:	224 
Size:	142.7 KB 
ID:	8125

- - - Updated - - -

Some detail progress.

Views:	249 
Size:	232.2 KB 
ID:	8126

That's some great work. Papa Nurgle will be most pleased.

First-Captain

great green stuffing for a green plaguey dude...

Damn trying saying tha fast after a few beers
    "I was there the day Horus slew the Emperor".....
    my blog http://madlapsedwargamer.blogspot.co.uk/

Default Updates

This guy is coming together well. At this point most of the major details have been added so he just needs to be cleaned up before paint.

Views:	326 
Size:	251.8 KB 
ID:	8175

Views:	200 
Size:	181.9 KB 
ID:	8176

Views:	183 
Size:	203.9 KB 
ID:	8177

Had extra putty mixed up so I began work on a Herald of Nurgle. He is posed as if he is casting a spell from the Grimoire of True Names. Chaos Spawn body and trunk from a Plague Drone.

Views:	496 
Size:	296.4 KB 
ID:	8178

Views:	336 
Size:	247.1 KB 
ID:	8179

Wrapped up painting on the Typhus. I still have work to do on his ride.

Views:	137 
Size:	238.7 KB 
ID:	8806Click image for larger version. 

Views:	124 
Size:	229.2 KB 
ID:	8807Click image for larger version. 

Views:	117 
Size:	212.1 KB 
ID:	8808Click image for larger version. 

Views:	134 
Size:	252.0 KB 
ID:	8809

Just some nit-picky things, the blood on the scythe could use a bit more love, and the body in his hand could look a bit more sickly. Perhaps a bit more discolouration, I mean, he's that close to mortal Champion of Nurgle, he'd look a bit more sick in my opinion. He looks wasted (As in a wasting disease, not drunk.) but I feel that there could be more done to him.

Otherwise, great conversion!

Thanks for the comment chaplain. I totally agree about the blood on his weapon. I've been painting blood splattered swords on my models since I was 12 and I can never quite get it right! Not sure how to fix it as it is one of my personal short sides... As far as the corpse goes my thinking was that he was just recently sliced in half so his body has lost a lot of blood but was never was infected. The blight grenades on his back are green as a contrast.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

I dunno, I think the body is fine, maybe you could throw a really stark highlight on it, but you dont want to detract from the pallet of the image as a whole.

Really liking it, I assume its purely for display purposes though.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

I've been running the crimson slaughter lately so I've used him as a Sorcerer on Palanquin with the Daemon Heart relic that gives him a 2+ save and attach him to my Troop Possessed. I've been wanting to scratch build a Typhus for a while but have never liked using him in games, so this was a nice way to be motivated to make him.

The two big things for me are that you don't have much definition to the blood spray and that it's too thick all long the blade. Have you tried watching the [URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TRBq7GVnJM"]Blood for the Blood God painting tutorial [/URL]that GW put out? That might help you out, but basically the colour isn't going to stay consistent all the way up the blade and it's going to end up in streaks and not in big blobs of blood. Secondly, the blood is going to thin out as it rides up the blade and as such its going to be more translucent than where it hits the blade. The guy in the video explains it a lot better than I can, so give that a watch.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast