BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: What Chaos Legion would you save?

Voters
167. You may not vote on this poll
  • Emperor's Children

18 10.78%
  • Iron Warriors

15 8.98%
  • Night Lords

6 3.59%
  • World Eaters/War Hounds

6 3.59%
  • Death Guard/Dusk Raiders

12 7.19%
  • Thousand Sons

81 48.50%
  • Luna Wolves/Sons of Horus

4 2.40%
  • Word Bearers/Imperial Heralds

2 1.20%
  • Alpha Legion

23 13.77%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Brother-Captain

Death Guard for Iron Hands.

The Death Guard were dicked by Typhon.

The Iron Hands are completely misguided madmen who have totally missed the point in being Astartes. That's the point in them of course and it's cool, but in terms of which swap would be best for the Imperium, that's the swap I would make. They see themselves as superior to the humans they were created to save, and usually kill whoever they 'save' afterwards. They win fights, but are the worst chapter by far in terms of how they deal with others. I imagine the only reason they haven't been declared traitors is their close ties to the mechanicus. They're probably worse than a lot of actual renegades.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by YorkNecromancer View Post
    Emperor's Children or World Eaters.

Purely because I love the preheresy colour schemes.

Yes, I am aware of how shallow this makes me.
    At least you're honest about it...

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Chaplain

four pages and no mention of the Dornian Heresy, for shame.
    Step forth and be recognized.
    No mercy. No pity. No hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    At least you're honest about it...
    I think you mean admitting you have a problem is the first step in your recovery

Soooooo much love for the Thousand Sons. I find it odd, as they're the legion that would be most changed by remaining loyal.

Also, why are they Thousand Sons? There was way more in the Legion, right? [/digression]

I voted Alpha Legion, as Alpharius ends up a traitor basically because he's the youngest child and doesn't feel loved by his daddy. Whereas most of the others deliberately turn against humanity and/or the Emperor.

As for Loyalist to go traitor, Roboute would probably be the biggest change to the canon, as if he went traitor there would be no Codex Astartes, not to mention that the Imperium may well have fallen apart.

As for which Loyalist I'd vote to go traitor? Raven Guard are in many ways borderline, as are Dark Angels, but I think this would make them less interesting as traitors ...

Rogal Dorn might be interesting as a traitor, and Sanguinius perhaps had the furthest to fall of any of the Loyalists (arguably, of all the Primarchs). I can't see Roboute or Vulkan going traitor, really. I don't see Iron Hands or White Scars being especially interesting as traitors, or Space Wolves for that matter, though they are borderline, at least in the Inquisition's eyes.

So, umm, in conclusion, I don't know ...

You really should read the books/fluff... your Alpharius/Omegron conclusion is wrong on so may levels...

Brother-Sergeant

This is difficult. Several legions just made some really screwed up choices. I'd say the most obvious choice would be the Thousand Sons. They were so misunderstood.

Definitely save the Thousand Sons as they are easily my favorite legion in all the 40k canon. Their story is so tragic and so misunderstood. If the Emperor had simply explained to Magnus what he was doing and trusted his information all of it could have been avoided. Horus even states that he thought Magnus was the biggest threat to his rule, maybe even a bigger threat than the Emperor.

And I love both their pre and post heresy paint scheme.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    You really should read the books/fluff... your Alpharius/Omegron conclusion is wrong on so may levels...

Agreed. That was one of my favorites.

Chaplain

The Thousand sons are my favorite human faction but I'm not sure if I would like them to have avoided their fate. Part of the reason I like the faction is their tragic fate. Also, I would say that Magnus was "damned if you do/damned if you don't". If he had stayed loyal, he would have been locked into the Golden Throne instead of the lich king

Quote Originally Posted by Anggul View Post
    Death Guard for Iron Hands.

The Death Guard were dicked by Typhon.
    Death Guard were also known for their heavy usage of destroyer squads and chem weapons; I wouldn't call them any more humanitarian then the Iron Hands. The Iron Hands are brutal, but they are also among the most loyal to the Imperium imo. Extremely effective for xenocide campaigns I'd bet. I think DG for IH is a fair trade, the two legions had a few key similarities though I dont see Iron Hands fitting Nurgle well.

I'd like to see either IH become traitors or EC become loyalists, as that would increase Ferrus' chance of survival .
    http://www.heresy-online.net/daemons/adoptables/10912-dchingus.htm
    Please help my lil buddy by a lil clicky click

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast