BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Ben_S
    To my knowledge, Guardsmen have always been Ld 7 since 2nd edition. Whatever the fluff might justify, I don't see that as likely to change.
    Codex Imperialis (released in 1993) -> Guardsman has Ld.7
    Codex Imperial Guard (released in 1995) -> Guardsman has Ld.7
    Codex Imperial Guard (released in 1999) -> Guardsman has Ld.7
    Codex Imperial Guard (released in 2003) -> Guardsman has Ld.7
    Codex Imperial Guard (released in 2008) -> Guardsman has Ld.7

Browsed through my old codexes so we can be sure that the Guardsmen has always been Ld.7. Hope this helps the discussion.

Lol this started really as a bit of a whinge that Scions got a Ld nerf that their fluff doesn't deserve. Even the Inquisition's fodder are better disciplined......

I have to wonder if the addition of the commissar was a late change removing stubborn from the basic unit....

In my mind the Ld drop could only be justified if they were nerfing the basic human stat-line. However unwanted that might be, what I'd really like is Ld 8 Storm troopers but hey
    http://bloodshadowsm41.blogspot.co.uk

Yes. Because a well trained human should be as mentally resilient as a psychoindoctrinated post-human who has had fear removed from their mental make up. Because everyone knows that training prepares you for every eventuality, especially in a Galaxy full of various horrors.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Yes. Because a well trained human should be as mentally resilient as a psychoindoctrinated post-human who has had fear removed from their mental make up. Because everyone knows that training prepares you for every eventuality, especially in a Galaxy full of various horrors.
    Yes or make IG Ld6 right? Commissars and Inquisitors are from the same school yet fair considerably better than a regular post human Space Marine....
    http://bloodshadowsm41.blogspot.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Shadow View Post
    Yes or make IG Ld6 right? Commissars and Inquisitors are from the same school yet fair considerably better than a regular post human Space Marine....
    Technically, Inquisitors aren't educated by the Schola Progenium, they're educated in a master/apprentice-type relationship with one (or more?) existing Inquisitors.

Inquisition Storm Troopers (or whatever they call them) are educated by the Schola Progenium, and (according to fluff I have some recall of) are the main reason for the Schola's existence. Regular Storm Troopers and Commissars are a happy byproduct.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    Hitting on 4+ means 50% hitchance (average for guard, shooting as well as melee in most cases)
    Ld on 7 is also spot on average

while marines on the other hand hit on a 3+ in most cases (66% hit chance)
    the 3rd edition standard marine still had ATSKNF.

The most common stat is still 3. The most common played armies are "elite" armies, but the huge majority is still at 3.
    Actually, ld 7 succeeds 58% of the time, not 50%.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

orks may have a point cost of 6, but they are so much worse than the IG on a scale above 1v1. all IG special rules, orders and such, buff them considerabely. ork special rules, animosity etc. nerf them hard. my poor orks have always gotten blown apart by IG gunlines, I would love to see their base stats change, to 2's accross the board

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123