BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: Which is more powerful? Tank or Mech?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Baneblade

42 80.77%
  • Knight

10 19.23%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Gleipnir View Post
    Would be nice to get some hull down firing positions.
    That's what the other tanks in the army are for! Pre-made rolling revetments!

Seriously though the Imperium apparently doesn't believe in hull down firing or they would stop putting good weapons low on the front hulls of their tanks.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by This Dave View Post
    That's what the other tanks in the army are for! Pre-made rolling revetments!

Seriously though the Imperium apparently doesn't believe in hull down firing or they would stop putting good weapons low on the front hulls of their tanks.
    That would be new thinking. And new thinking is HERESY!
    Anuvver triumph uv orky know-wotz!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by YorkNecromancer View Post
    With the new Imperial Guard codex on the way, and the Knight codex out, well, it just got me wondering: could you have a legitimate Armoured Company codex which included Baneblades as an Elite choice? Is the Baneblade really more powerful than the Knight?
    I know I haven't kept up well with rumors (since most of them end up being not more than wishlisting or trolling), but hubba wah? Baneblades (or any Super-Heavy) as a codex unit? Especially when they already have a Lord of War slot?

Just a rumor, based off the preview of the collector's IG book showing a cut away of a Baneblade.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Katharon View Post
    Going to have to say the Knight is more powerful. It actually has an invul save, comes stock with a D-weapon, and can move 12" each turn, whereas the Baneblade cannot do any or have any of those things.
    Baneblade can also move 1" and still shoot as per super heavy rules. Same for the Knight.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gleipnir View Post
    Ultimately have to give the Knight the advantage just for its Ion Shield, though mobility and D weapon is nice I can't count it as too clear an advantage as its easily countered by a tarpit of infantry.
    Super heavies ignore restraints of being stuck in combat, their so big they don't care ot continue to fight and can trundle off at will if they so choose to do so.

- - - Updated - - -

Having fought a Knight already, they are hilarious point sinks when not fielded properly. Their an easy target that can be picked apart by a pair of Russes or anything with good ranged fire power. As a 6 on a pen roll causes D3+2 wounds. Their not that terrifying on their own but in a pair their hard to deal with. The baneblade on the other hand is a bloody nightmare from the depths of hell itself, though I still prefer the shadowsword for killing power from the D.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by BunkerBob View Post
    Super heavies ignore restraints of being stuck in combat, their so big they don't care ot continue to fight and can trundle off at will if they so choose to do so.
    It's a nice theory but untrue, Imperial Knights follow all the rules for Walkers meaning they do get locked into Assault(ie can be tarpitted) Nothing in either Super-Heavy Vehicle Rules or Super-Heavy Walker rules says they are not locked in combat.

Baneblade. A knight could probably take a Baneblade in a one-on-one, but the Baneblade has greater combat power against non-superheavy targets.

A Baneblade in an Armored Company list would not be an Elite slot. It would likely be HQ slot.

Quote Originally Posted by Katharon View Post
    Going to have to say the Knight is more powerful. It actually has an invul save, comes stock with a D-weapon, and can move 12" each turn, whereas the Baneblade cannot do any or have any of those things.
    I may be mistaken but I thought the apocalypse book says that superheavy vehicles follow all the rules for normal vehicles, but count as stationary regardless. Wouldn't that mean they can actually move 12" and fire everything or did I misunderstand the rule there?
    Insure your collection. http://www.nlmus.com Paint you collection http://www.facebook.com/nlmIndustries

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by lomaxxdurang View Post
    I may be mistaken but I thought the apocalypse book says that superheavy vehicles follow all the rules for normal vehicles, but count as stationary regardless. Wouldn't that mean they can actually move 12" and fire everything or did I misunderstand the rule there?
    You did not. Super Heavy (and Heavy too) vehicles always count as stationary so may fire all their guns at full BS regardless of how far they move.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12