BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Veteran-Sergeant

Default 2 player tournament list eldar and space marines

I have an upcoming tournament 2500 points each side gets 1250

My team mate and I can field anything in eldar or space marine codex.

His list is pretty set

Tiberius
    2 scout squads in speeders
    Scout squad with Camo cloaks and Tellion
    2 bike squads with grav guns
    A storm talon with cyclone missiles
    Hunter tank
    2 thunderfire cannons
    And an aegis with Icarus lascannon

My list has a few possibilities

Core is
    Farseer on a bike with mantle and spear
    3 groups of 3 bikes with a cannon in each
    A dire avenger squad in a wave serpent with holos scatter laser and chin cannon
    Another wave serpent same setup
    A fire prism with holos

Options are

A. dire avengers to get that second wave serpent. An avatar with fast shot for the cannon on my ally list and another fire prism for the farseer to give rerolls to

B. 5 dark reapers with exarch and fast shot for the icarus lascannon. buy the wave serpent, add in a wraithknight with heavy d cannons.

C. 5 reapers with exarch and fast shot plus avatar with fast shot. More flexibility on firing the lascannon or the exarch at other things and avatar babysits techmarines and thunderfires. Also keeps reapers fearless. In this on I also have points for a 4th bike squad

Missions in tornamet are 3 set objectives. 1st game night fight turn 1. 2nd game heavy support score and give kill points. Last game fast attack score and give kill points.

In my meta we are likely to see tyranids in every game and in at least 2 of 3 and will see dual hive tyrants and carnifex broods in all lists

200 pts of gjb that will get eaten doesnt seem all that necessary if you already have two dire avenger troop units.

spiderz are really useful against nidz, lots of st 6 and the chance to get ap1 hits.

equally for 230/280 pts you can get a group of wraith/scytheguard with a seer which if they are lucky can toast a fexbrood

Veteran-Sergeant

The GBJ are our late game grabbers but I could see the wraithguard working well just a matter of fitting them. I am a fan of the models and using them not sure I need the troops so not going to give them a seer but In the avatar list instead of dire avengers I could take them with the dire avengers in option a minus the prism and have a few points to spare. Will see what that looks like when I am by my book