BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default open topped Taurox

Picked up some taurox on the weekend and started to put them together when I found 4 pieces not in the instructions
    Parts 70,71,42 and 39
    Had to investigate more and found this pic
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2014-04-09-20-49-06.jpg 
Views:	3833 
Size:	75.9 KB 
ID:	8215  

Brother-Sergeant

So, the guard have finally decided to loot ork trukks, I see. :P
    Anuvver triumph uv orky know-wotz!

Veteran-Sergeant

I wonder if a Catachan supplement or dataslate will alow a unit to take them as open topped vehicles?

I can't really see the point though. A few more lasguns firing from the tank and the option to charge with guardsmen still isn't that great. Now if Ogryns can take them that would be something but they are still vulnerable vehicles and open-topped will agravate that.

Other point of note is that it doesn't have autocannons so could be very cheap in pts

Looks cool though

I wouldn't read too much into it though. Necron flyers have additional pipes and stuff which aren't used at all, and don't have anywhere they might afix to. Could be a leftover from the design process.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Looks cool though

I wouldn't read too much into it though. Necron flyers have additional pipes and stuff which aren't used at all, and don't have anywhere they might afix to. Could be a leftover from the design process.
    Two of those parts were the bars on the open topped one, the other two go under the doors one the prime (on the studio models but not in instructions)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Necron flyers have additional pipes and stuff which aren't used at all, and don't have anywhere they might afix to. Could be a leftover from the design process.
    Do they? Cannot remember having any parts left over after Assembling my Flyers.

But in regards to the open-topped Taurox, I like it. Looks more like " What do you Need a Roof for!? You are here to die anyway!"

Ogryns can get Vanilla taurox as a dedicated iirc. That would make em epic..

Quote Originally Posted by buggle View Post
    Other point of note is that it doesn't have autocannons so could be very cheap in pts
    As we con't see the lower side, I think the autocannons are in the side mount, below the open topped rails.

The open topped configuration may have been an option the CAD guys were messing around with, but never introduced as rules. As the parts to do it ar small and oddly shaped, they may have been included just because they could when the they ran the parts into the program to fit them into the sprue.

But I hope they DO make this configuration available for Catachans. would be fitting. they seem the type to eschew "doors" when ever possible. I might use the same set up and then put a single auto-cannon on the top, and mount a heavy bolter somewhere on the front and make the thing into a counts-as salamander. they are fast, and pretty cool.
    Would need a little extra armour on the front to justify AV 12. Mount a ram plough or something perhaps.