Size:	54.4 KB 
ID:	8217Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Warhammer_40000_Carnage-KeyArt-320x366.jpg 
Views:	736 
Size:	167.0 KB 
ID:	8218

Coming May 2014

Warhammer 40,000 Carnage

Dropped onto the surface of a hellish planet engulfed in Rage, you alone, a legendary Space Marine, have the power and will to destroy the Greenskin plague and take back Mithra for the Imperium. Carnage is your strength and vengeance will be yours.

Armed with a Boltgun in one hand and Chainsword in the other, uncover the truth of this once prosperous planet level by level, as you rain Carnage down upon the Ork horde… And hurry before the Rage takes you over.

The game is a fast-moving action side-scroller, where the right combination of weapons, Wargear and upgrades make the difference between life and death.

-Pick up & play gameplay
    -Play as a legendary Ultramarine
    -Collect and upgrade over 500 items of Wargear
    -Customize your Space Marine from head-to-toe
    -Over 50 levels with 3 different challenges per level
    -Explore the epic Warhammer 40,000 world of Mithra
    -Recruit your friends for co-operative Fireteam Missions
    -Access exclusive Wargear
    -Story written exclusively by award-winning author Graham McNeill

[URL="http://playcarnage.com"]PlayCarnage.com[/URL]
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

That's one of the dumbest uninspired pieces of crap... When will actual fans of 40k develop a new game and not these mobile attempts at cashing out on the fan base?

Chapter-Master

The game actually looks decent from a graphical perspective. Gameplay is yet to be determined.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Chapter-Master

To be perfectly honest, given how often games fall flat, I am perfectly happy to see the Warhammer 40k universe expressed entirely through derivative games. Think about it: the company that knows 40k best - GW - is not a video game company. Can't you see the possibility that if they reach for something unique, they'll screw it up? It's best that they do what they're doing. Play it safe. Make games that are plenty of fun and - hey! - 40k flavored. I'm fine with that.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPaladin View Post
    To be perfectly honest, given how often games fall flat, I am perfectly happy to see the Warhammer 40k universe expressed entirely through derivative games. Think about it: the company that knows 40k best - GW - is not a video game company. Can't you see the possibility that if they reach for something unique, they'll screw it up? It's best that they do what they're doing. Play it safe. Make games that are plenty of fun and - hey! - 40k flavored. I'm fine with that.
    I have no clue what you're trying to say here. Relic's Dawn of War games were awesome, and Space Marine was solid with seeds of greatness.

Conversely, Space Hulk was a servicable translation of the boardgame, which loses something without the physicality, and Storm of Vengeance is...well, Plants vs Zombies with a 40k skin. And then there's the half a dozen other 40k and WFB titles in development by teams no one has ever heard of, either because they're mobile game licensed property mills or they're brand new, unproven teams, all building mobile games.

For whatever reason after THQ self-destructed, for reasons that have nothing to do with mobile games and everything to do with incompetent management, GW decided that the decline in their video game royalties was due to AAA games being on the way out(the financials released last year say as much if you want to go look them up), so cheap mobile all the way. Maybe one of these titles will turn out to be a hidden gem, but the only Warhammer licensed game coming any time soon that has a real chance at being a solid game is the WFB game being developed by the Total War guys at Sega. I've still got my fingers crossed for a surprise announcement of Dawn of War 3 at E3 this year though...

Quote Originally Posted by brokbrok View Post
    That's one of the dumbest uninspired pieces of crap... When will actual fans of 40k develop a new game and not these mobile attempts at cashing out on the fan base?
    I want to see an AAA big budget 40k game as much as the next girl, but they are hugely expensive. We've had a bunch of RTSes and a FPS in the past six or seven years now we are getting a bunch of less budget intensive games. What matters is quality.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Battle-Brother

For a moment, while I was reading the description I had images of space marines fighting along the surface of a giant cat-girl...

Maybe I played too much Final Fantasy XI...

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Boyle View Post
    I have no clue what you're trying to say here. Relic's Dawn of War games were awesome, and Space Marine was solid with seeds of greatness.
    well neither of those were new ideas though. whilst great games, Dawn of War is a real time strategy game and space marine is a third person action game, neither are especially unique.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Chaplain

On first blush this reminds me of Kill Team as a "40k version" of an Arcade game. I do not consider it heresy if done properly, but we'll have to see the finished product to make a good evaluation. Initial clip looks like it could be fun and have sufficient polish. Now if only we could play as something other than Ultramarines...

Chapter-Master

I liked kill team, I am looking forward to trying this one too.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast