BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Chaplain

I certainly would not have complained about additional levels or sequels to Killteam. Anything that lets you run around that much Ork architekture is a great thing in my book =)

Chapter-Master

yup fun way to kill a few hours with a friend. I am surprised there was no extra content released for it, I would have thought it would be easy to do.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Chaplain

Has anyone picked it up yet? Quick review?

Quote Originally Posted by Dlatrex View Post
    Has anyone picked it up yet? Quick review?

I think it's a fun little game. Each "mission" only lasts you about a minute or two, tops. Unless you are being super cautious. So it's easy for a quick pick up and play here and there. Sound track seems decent. It ha the obligatory heavy metal soundtrack. Plenty of variety in weapon options and you can adjsut teh difficulty level of each mission so you can replay them for better rewards and to keep things a bit interesting. Seems worth it for the what, $6-$7 price tag?

Hi there!

I’m the Community Manager for Carnage, and I just thought I would let you know that the game is now available on [URL="http://taps.io/LsDQ"]Android[/URL], as well as iOS, and we released an awesome official trailer to celebrate our Android launch

We also have 3 slick wallpapers for you to download and deck out your desktop/tablet/mobile device with some sweet Carnage art courtesy of our talented [URL="http://warhammer40kcarnage.com/carnage-wallpapers/"]art team[/URL].

Finally, if you ‘Like’ our page on Facebook you’ll be rewarded with some wargear to start Carnage off right! [URL="http://bit.ly/1jPkvH0"]Just follow this link.[/URL]

If you have any questions about the game, just let me know.

Cheers!

Fly Lord

Hi Leviathan!

Bigred here the owner of BoLS,

I would like to welcome you to the forum and invite Roadhouse to sign up on the BoLS Gamewire. We have had other 40K videogame manufacturers sign up with a manufacturer account and get their product news out to the entire wargame community.

Go check it out here:

BoLS Gamewire
    [url]http://www.gamewire.belloflostsouls.net/[/url]

Manufacturer Signup
    [url]http://www.gamewire.belloflostsouls.net/vendor-signup/[/url]

Glad to have you on here!
    -Larry
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Scout

$7 for an App with In-Game Currency Purchases???
    Nope.
    Only games I buy with In-App Purchases for In-Game Currency are Free apps and ONLY if there is only 1 type of in-game currency (which seems to be the case here)
    Maybe when the game goes free I will pick it up but I am not paying $7 for a game to be milked to death with IAP.
    I am willing to spend $10 on a iPad app with no icurrency IAP. I own Warhammer Quest and have purchased all IAP for that one.
    Mobile Gaming is a Dying Platform in my house.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by lordunborn View Post
    $7 for an App with In-Game Currency Purchases???
    Nope.
    Only games I buy with In-App Purchases for In-Game Currency are Free apps and ONLY if there is only 1 type of in-game currency (which seems to be the case here)
    Maybe when the game goes free I will pick it up but I am not paying $7 for a game to be milked to death with IAP.
    I am willing to spend $10 on a iPad app with no icurrency IAP. I own Warhammer Quest and have purchased all IAP for that one.
    Mobile Gaming is a Dying Platform in my house.
    I've got to the current end of the game with both characters, and I've not once needed to buy in game currency, it's guess of you were really struggling for some reason, you might like to use it but realistically I can't imagine why anyone would buy it

Battle-Brother

I concur - the in game purchases are not necessary to reach the end game - hell, dialing up the difficulty rakes in the gold and removes any desire to pay real $ for the in game currency.

As for a personal review:
    The gameplay is very simple and easy to get. You can move the marine left or right on the left side of buttons, and hit up to block (more on this in a sec). On the other side of the screen you have your jump, melee and shoot buttons. It is a side scroller with an average of 45 seconds to complete each level depending if you are going for the full score or not. This is about as simple a game as you can get. The idea is to clear each level as quickly as possible while building up a high combo multiplier (hitting things without getting hit in return) and taking as little damage as possible to earn 1-3 stars. Each level (there are around 50, maybe a few more) has three different runthroughs that you can do, each one with more challenges than the last such as Darkness (worst one ever, in any game...stupid, stupid, stupid) enemies explode when killed, enemies have more health/do more damage ect.

The game controls pretty well, but the block button is ridiculously placed as it requires you to stand still while doing it, and makes for blocking on the run impossible. Give up on getting three stars if you use this useless button. I have a Galaxy S3 and it runs pretty well, but there are moments of lag that make the platforming bits frustrating, but this is probably my phone not the game.

Enemies are, surprise, surprise, orks. They are pretty well varied, and each has thier own little thing they do. Some charge you, some shoot you, some stun you, some throw bomb ect. All are very simple, and the bosses and sub bosses are pretty easy to kick the crap out of without being total pushovers (if that makes any sense lol)

Weapons are fairly well represented. As for ranged, the Bolt Pistol, Bolter, Plasma Pistol and Storm Bolter are all represented. Very sad to see no plasma gun though. I'll save you the time, just go with the Storm Bolter as it is by far the most powerful IMO. As for Melee, you can get a Powerfist, Lightning Claw, Thunder Hammer, Power Sword, Power Maul, Chain Sword and a Combat Knife. I enjoyed all of the weapons in this area as each had something nice to offer, though I prefer the Lightning Claw. As for gear you can get different chestplates, legs, powerpacks/jumppacks and helmets. Each buffs you in some way (Think Diablo, but in a 40K setting) and there are various rarities of stuff.

Represented are, of course, the Ultramarine, and the Blood Angel (which you can unlock after earning 100 stars.) Each has their won traits. The Ultramarine is better with blocking as he can absorb more damage out the gate and has better armor, but the Blood Angel gains 25% damage dealt back as health. In all honesty, ditch the Ultramarine as soon as you get the Blood Angel because at higher difficulty levels, you need the health...a lot.

There is something called fireteam missions that unlock if you 3 Star a level, but you can only do them if you have friends that play, so pretty much I never did because none of my friends have it. This is a real shame, and honestly should be open network or something of the like. You get little red seals for completing these missions, and you can use those to buy slightly less crappy items in the store.

Overall, I feel like this game gets a 3.5 out of 5 for me. The loot system doesn't really work, as the only way to acquire any is to pick up orange orbs midlevel (they are always silver for me) or in the store, which has garbage level items at best. Even the Fireteam items reek of suck. You can get items for getting stars, but thus far I have only gotten one, and it was an epic piece of gear rendered obsolete in just two levels time. The different challenges are ok, but the night fighting ones are just too difficult unless you are playing in a dark room, and even then they are a real pain and not for the easily frustrated. If you ordered at the beginning, you get what's called the First Blood Founders Edition, which gives you...NOTHING Seriously, I asked on the official forum like two weeks ago, and never got a response from them so I assume it does nothing, so don't let that fool you into getting more than you think (which is kind of how they are wording it.) No additional items, no additional levels, or characters, or even a HAHA SUCKER. Just nothing.

It is worth the $6.99 but only just so. there is so much potential here though and I hope they stick with it, but they need to add more things and fix the broken loot system before I'd even think about raising my opinion. If you are a 40K enthusiast, grab it. I've had fun with it, but not the most fun ever on a phone game. Also, not being able to demo the game really hurts. If they had a demo that would be fantastic.
    Last edited by MurdiusMaximus; 07-01-2014 at 02:33 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast