BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

adeptus arbites to battle the genestealer cults .....

Quote Originally Posted by Asymmetrical Xeno View Post
    Glad someone agrees. Could be a good lead-in to the next Dark Eldar codex, 1 week with a few kits and codex, then the rest of the month dedicated to DE.
    Codex: Commorragh Pits? I like how the Dark Eldar are described as something of a minority ruling caste in the unthinkably huge, sprawling mass of Commorragh. C:CP could flesh out day-to-day life in the pits as being mostly run by the Sslyth (on behalf of Dark Eldar employers), and have an army list based around a Sslyth dual kit, Dark Eldar Raiders/Venoms with a small Sslyth add-on sprue and a variety of slave mobs.

I guess Slave Mobs would also need a plastic kit (with Human/Eldar/Tau bits, and 1 or 2 Space Marines/Orks as unit upgrades), since relying on players to make conversions is apparently a no-go now. Cost could be offset by also giving Slave Mobs a Dataslate for use by Chaos Marines/Daemons, Orks, Dark Eldar, Necrons.

Chapter-Master

I suppose we'll have to see how these mini-dex armies evolve..Imperial Knights had only the one kit, and Tempestus two. So it seems like from that, it's probably best to not expect too many plastic kits made for successive ones (If there are any).

Dont really care for Genestealer cults myself but agree they should be made. They could be cool if there is more focus on the hybrid horror aspects, a healthy dose of giger and Innsmouth could do the concept justice.

I happen to agree on the "models for everything" mentality. Conversions shouldn't be a necessity but something done out of a desire to be creative and excersize imagination IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Asymmetrical Xeno View Post
    I happen to agree on the "models for everything" mentality. Conversions shouldn't be a necessity but something done out of a desire to be creative and excersize imagination IMO.
    I mostly agree with it, but feel there are some instances were "officially sanctioned" conversions would be ideal. Genestealer Cults being portrayed as kitbashes of Flagellants, Chaos Cultists, Cadians and Genestealers, for instance. Or the hypothetical Slave Mob being a kitbash-job with a Sslyth as unit-leader. Perhaps a Sslyth plastic kit could have a half-dozen human-slave-heads compatible with other human kits, kinda like how the Space Wolf squad has parts that only fit plastic scouts, despite it being a power-armour-only box.

However, more complex stuff, such as the missing Dark Eldar aircraft, or the once unavailable menagerie of Tyranid monsters, are/were unreasonable to have as conversion-only.
    Last edited by Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer; 04-10-2014 at 03:04 PM.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrendian View Post
    Deathwatch!
    Sorely Needed

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GoffWarboss View Post
    Genestealer Cults!
    needed so badly it's ridiculous, those poor hybrid figures haven't been ususable for about a decade or so now....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    Codex Squats
    There is plenty of love for the Squats these days, so why not havce them as merc's

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gleipnir View Post
    Codex Assassins
    Oh assassins only army, 4 against 100!

Codex Mechanicus
    oh you read my mind there

Codex Mutants and Abhumans
    That would give CSM players a bit of love, and would open up the field for conversions....

Codex Feral Orks
    Again more love to Orky Players, bring back the Snakebites (IIRC)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ! : ? View Post
    adeptus arbites
    Oh go on give us an excuse to bring Cyber Mastiffs to the battlefield, pretty please
    "I was there the day Horus slew the Emperor".....
    my blog http://madlapsedwargamer.blogspot.co.uk/

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer View Post
    I mostly agree with it, but feel their are some instances were "officially sanctioned" conversions would be ideal. Genestealer Cults being portrayed as kitbashes of Flagellants, Chaos Cultists, Cadians and Genestealers, for instance. Or the hypothetical Slave Mob being a kitbash-job with a Sslyth as unit-leader. Perhaps a Sslyth plastic kit could have a half-dozen human-slave-heads compatible with other human kits, kinda like how the Space Wolf squad has parts that only fit plastic scouts, despite it being a power-armour-only box.

However, more complex stuff, such as the missing Dark Eldar aircraft, or the once unavailable menagerie of Tyranid monsters, are/were unreasonable to have as conversion-only.
    Ah, the space wolf kit was great in that it included things like the scouts heads to use on other kits. It's a great way of adding new units for very little work and I'm a bit surprised they havent reused that idea in latter kits, as it seems a good way to boost sales of older kits . I'm definitely for things like that.

Things I'd like to see:

Alpha Legion

Arbites

Genestealer Cults

Mechanicus

Necromunda Gangs !

I'm always looking for ways to squeeze Necromunda minis into 40k armies, but the loadouts are generally hard to make work. I'd love a minidex that was flexible enough to handle the variety of loadouts across the old Necromunda range. I currently use them as cultists, but the weapons options limit me to only using some of them. Or to chop them up...

deathwatch

skitarri

loxytil (spelling is probably wrong, found in gaunts ghosts novels), blood pact, tanith....you can see a trend there

Battle-Brother

Adeptus Arbites
    Genestealer Cults

You could even make a boxed set with those 2 factions, add vehicles and necromunda scenery.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast