BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Battle-Brother

Cool Who would make the best Real Life Space Marine?

Nope, no survey. Just asking who you think could pull of the nine-foot tall, battle hardened men of war. Or would be a perfect Commissar, Sister of Battle or Inquisitor.

Here are the rules.

- They don't have to be nine-feet tall
    - They don't have to be living, but need to have lived at one time
    - Do not need implants
    - You can "add" things to them to make them fit the bill
    - It can be from any period of the persons life

EXAMPLES:

Arnold Schwarzenegger would be a perfect SM when he was filming the Conan movies and were four feet taller.

Mickey Rourke could easily pull off a Commissar OR an Inquisitor in his later years (Iron Man 2, The Wrestler era).

Milla Jovovich Has a tough look that would kill as a Sisters of Battle.

What are your thoughts?

Andre the Giant as an Ogryn.

Chapter-Master

Stephen Hawking would make the best Space Marine.

Think about it. 41st Century medicine could surely fix his "minor" neurological disorder, and being kind of a scrawny guy would be fixed by the implants. And then he's a brilliant - probably psychic - mind in an Astartes body. He'd find a way to save the galaxy for sure!

Edit: Oh, wait, you meant actors. Phhht. Whatever. I can't remember the names of the actors in a movie I'm watching right now, let alone anyone else.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Stephen Hawking has a number of acting credits according to IMDB... [url]http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0370071/[/url]

I think he'd make a better Tech Priest or Inquisitor. But so long as he survived the implantation and conditioning, he'd probably make a decent Space Marine...

Imagine Hawking as a Navigator...all of a sudden that warp-eye opens as his robotic voice drones at you...

Vin Diesel as a Space Marine.

Jeremy Renner is Commissar Caiphas Cain HERO OF THE IMPERIUM.

(with Scarlett Johansson as Vail and Dave Bautista as a Reclaimers Sgt-or Deathwatch)
    I'm thinking it'd probably turn out more like Daleks playing Quiddich. "It is the Potter!! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! " (someone I know on twitter)

Veteran-Sergeant

Lucy Liu as a Dark Eldar Archon, she can do that thing where she switches from coquettish to ice maiden in a blink of an eye, very Dark Eldar.

Space Marines, well Jason Statham would be the obvious choice, he's already got the hair for it, or Sean Pertwee, he's been one before so he knows what he's doing and Dog Soldiers is very cool.

Peter Capaldi as an inquisitor, the Malcolm Tucker from The Thick Of It Peter Capaldi (I haven't seen the new Dr Who but I'd be very surprised if he's as scary and sweary as he is in The Thick Of It) Big pointy leather witchhunter hat, purging heretics, he was born to play that role.

Christian Bale was pretty convincing as an inquisitor type in "Equilibrium" and "American Psycho".....Matthew McConaughey also after watching "True Detective", as most are aged 100+ then Clint Eastwood fits perfectly as an Eisenhorn-esque stiff lipped character.

Ray Stevenson (Punisher War Zone, Rome) would equally be good as either and Inquisitor type or a Space Marine.

Vlad Kulich (Thirteenth Warrior) would be pretty convincing as a space marine, though every time my kids watch WWE I see Broc Lesner, or NFL player Ndamukong Suh and think they're about as close as you can get to a post human genetic hybrid, it's scary to think a Space Marine would make these guys look puny.....
    http://bloodshadowsm41.blogspot.co.uk

Charlotte Gainsbourg as either an Inquisitor or a Dark Eldar Archon.
    Alexander Skarsgård as an Imperial Guard commander.
    Vin Diesel is the best fit for a marine. Either him or Ronda Rousey. Anyone who says 'Oh, she'd make a better Sororitas', you've not seen her fight. *shiver* Actually, now I think of it, Randy Couture would be a good call either. Actually, now I think of it, Terry Crews would be great.
    Of course, if we're not doing proper tongue-in-cheek 40K, and we're doing the current, depressingly po-faced thing, then Mark Strong, no question. Tom Hardy also would be a good choice.
    Benedict Cumberbatch as any Necron Lord.
    Finally, Brock Lesnar as Ghazghkull Thraka - no makeup/sfx needed. Either that or his real-life character as what is basically a real-life version of Kharn the Betrayer. Observe:

That, my friends, is what hitting on a 2+ looks like.
    Last edited by YorkNecromancer; 04-10-2014 at 05:25 PM.
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

Quote Originally Posted by zenjah View Post
    Stephen Hawking has a number of acting credits according to IMDB... [url]http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0370071/[/url]

I think he'd make a better Tech Priest or Inquisitor. But so long as he survived the implantation and conditioning, he'd probably make a decent Space Marine...
    Stephen Hawking as Ravenor. Brilliant mind trapped in a crippled body. Imagine if Hawking had psycannons mounted on his chair.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast