BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Death From Below? - Hydra Plastic Kit Review

It's been a long time coming, but the 'Guard finally have a plastic Hydra model!

Want even more? Checkout spikeybitsblog.com

and here I thought they brought back the mole mortar

Chaplain

Hail Hydra!
    Melissia Wrote: "I think the secret to getting more people to stop calling you an arrogant elitist douchebag is to stop being an arrogant elitist douchebag."

Quote Originally Posted by Mystery.Shadow View Post
    Hail Hydra!
    I don't think GW could have picked a better time for the Hydra kit to come out if it tried.

Too bad it's probably one of the worst anti-air options now that they nerfed it beyond belief.

Better to just take more Leman Russ Exterminators and just hope for 6 with TL. Atleast it can shoot at ground troops and will survive longer.

Sabre platforms forever otherwise.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Tudd Fudders View Post
    Too bad it's probably one of the worst anti-air options now that they nerfed it beyond belief.

Better to just take more Leman Russ Exterminators and just hope for 6 with TL. Atleast it can shoot at ground troops and will survive longer.

Sabre platforms forever otherwise.
    So, other than making it Open Topped what did they nerf on it? From what I've seen it still has exactly the same rules as before.

Doesn't have the tracky nice thing that it did before.

But still. Tudd is way off. Do I fancy hitting you on a 4+ with re-rolls, or a 6+ with re-rolls. I wonder which is more efficient?? And how survivable does it need to be once all enemy aircraft have been swatted from the skies?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chaplain

Never been a huge fan of vehicles with Skyfire weapons w/o Interceptor, always feels like you would get a better points investment out of getting another flyer instead or fortification options

Quote Originally Posted by This Dave View Post
    So, other than making it Open Topped what did they nerf on it? From what I've seen it still has exactly the same rules as before.
    They removed the ignore jink saves aswell. Your better off just buying a aegis with a quad gun. To get it to its original state you have to add a enclosed crew compartment for 15 points and it still has no ignore jinks.

Mystery

And yes 6+ reroll is better because the exterminator can be used effectively for ground units and will probably live when the actual flyer comes in.

The hydra will hilariously die to most flyers when they come on now. A smart player would prioritize taking them out or just stay out of their 48in range. The vendetta is still better at AA even with the point increase.

They are terrible at what they do, and if it's not ironic that a dedicated anti air platform doesn't have interceptor I don't know what is.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tudd Fudders View Post

They are terrible at what they do, and if it's not ironic that a dedicated anti air platform doesn't have interceptor I don't know what is.
    Well look at it this way - you could be like the firestorm with its str 6 guns for more than double the price of the hydra AND not be able to get more than 1 per heavy support slot :P
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast