BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Honestly, the reluctance to give interceptor to anyone but Tau freely is really odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Tudd Fudders View Post
    The hydra will hilariously die to most flyers when they come on now. A smart player would prioritize taking them out or just stay out of their 48in range. The vendetta is still better at AA even with the point increase.
    sorry Tudd I have to point out that the Hydra has a 72in range so it can cover most of the table.

I'm sticking with an Aegis. I don't think the Hydra is awful, I just think the Aegis is better for the benefits it provides the army as a whole at its cost. If I didn't have an extra 35 points I would play a Hydra. And yes it got nerfed from last edition to this edition, it needed to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Garradh View Post
    it needed to be.
    Okay let me elaborate - it needed a change. I would have preferred a price increase over a nerf.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

I think the hydra is fine. Stick it in a hull down position and nab a 4+ cover save.

Im glad they are no longer handing out interceptor like candy. Its a very powerful rule and sticking it on AA that readily outranges most fliers and kills them I one go is far too much.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by DR.V View Post
    sorry Tudd I have to point out that the Hydra has a 72in range so it can cover most of the table.
    Oh looked there, I just figured all autocannons are 48in.

Either way I stand by my opinion that it's terrible. Especially compared to a 50pt lascannon sabre platform with sky fire/interceptor on t7 w2 sv3+ model.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Oh looked there, I just figured all autocannons are 48in.

Either way I stand by my opinion that it's terrible. Especially compared to a 50pt lascannon sabre platform with sky fire/interceptor on t7 w2 sv3+ model.
    you'd have a point if sabre platforms weren't almost universally accepted as pretty much some of the most broken pieces of kit in the game.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Honestly, the reluctance to give interceptor to anyone but Tau freely is really odd.
    The problem is tying shooting at ground targets to skyfire + interceptor. That makes them reluctant to make good anti-air guns, because then they are good anti-anything guns as well. I know they were trying to save on special rules, but if groundfire was a separate rule from interceptor, we could at least in theory have some viable anti-air.

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    you'd have a point if sabre platforms weren't almost universally accepted as pretty much some of the most broken pieces of kit in the game.
    They are if your opponent just sits there and acts like they are broken. All it takes is someone to figure out they have LD7, can easily wipe out crew by shooting behind the gun, and will lose close combat against even pathfinders that there is a clear counter. Go look at the IG list from LVO, that was super broken and it still lost to some DE Beastmasters.

Forgeworld arguably puts more thought into their rules atleast. Heaven forbid they make a useful unit that has a clear game design behind it and is efficient. The best you can say about the hydra at this point is, "Well atleast I can make a Wyvern instead."

But then you just should get Thudd guns since you will save money at this point...

Chapter-Master

I don't like it.
    It looks more like a toy than a model. Buts whats worse is the far superior FW one has gone "out of stock" hope it hasn't been discontinued.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast