BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Chaplain

Actually Codex rules like Chain of Command trump Basic Rule Book Rules, same way the Inquisitor Codex Trumps Basic Rulebook rules when it comes to how a Warlord is chosen, where there is no contradiction nothing is changed so if say you have Yarrick and his rule actually read "other model" plus Creed then yup Yarrick can be your Warlord if so so choose, but add something with the Senior officer rule and Chain of Command rule would take priority over the HQ unit with the highest leadership rule.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Gleipnir View Post
    Actually Codex rules like Chain of Command trump Basic Rule Book Rules, same way the Inquisitor Codex Trumps Basic Rulebook rules when it comes to how a Warlord is chosen, where there is no contradiction nothing is changed so if say you have Yarrick and his rule actually read "other model" plus Creed then yup Yarrick can be your Warlord if so so choose, but add something with the Senior officer rule and Chain of Command rule would take priority over the HQ unit with the highest leadership rule.
    In this particular case, I'm still going to argue that Yarrick can be chosen as your Warlord even with another model with the Senior Officer rule is in the list. They're both Senior Officers, but Yarrick always (unless Creed is there) has the higher Ld.

Unless a new FAQ comes out that says that Codex trumps BRB in this case, I'm going with the BRB. Speaking of which, where was it ever written or said by whom that Codex always trumps BRB? Obviously there are Codex-specific special rules, but the core of the game comes from the BRB. Seems rather nonsensical to assume that what is, ultimately, an expansion to the BRB (i.e. a codex) would trump the core rule set.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Katharon View Post
    In this particular case, I'm still going to argue that Yarrick can be chosen as your Warlord even with another model with the Senior Officer rule is in the list. They're both Senior Officers, but Yarrick always (unless Creed is there) has the higher Ld.

Unless a new FAQ comes out that says that Codex trumps BRB in this case, I'm going with the BRB. Speaking of which, where was it ever written or said by whom that Codex always trumps BRB? Obviously there are Codex-specific special rules, but the core of the game comes from the BRB. Seems rather nonsensical to assume that what is, ultimately, an expansion to the BRB (i.e. a codex) would trump the core rule set.
    pg.7 in the Basic Rule Book section titled Basic vs Advanced, again though that rule is intended for where conflicts in the rules exist, so while a Lord Commisar can't be Warlord if a Company Commander in in your detachment, he would follow all the basic rule book rules of using the HQ unit with the highest Leadership when no Senior Officer is present since their is no conflict

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345