BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default What relics did the new ig get?

Wondering what relics the new guard got. If anyone can inform me that would be awesome!
    Purge the Weak!

- The tactical auto-relinquary of Tyberius; any succesfull doubles rolled on Ld for orders makes all orders auto-pass from bearer.
    - The laurels of command; codex units within 6" can choose to pass or fail morale
    - Kurov's Aquilla; codex units within 6" have prefered enemy. Bearer may re-roll Ld once per turn.
    - Blade of Conquest; +1S, AP3, master-crafted, melee
    - The Emperor's Benediction; 12", S5, Ap4, Master-crafted precision shot pistol
    - The deathmask of Ollanius; 4+ invul, It will not die and Fear.
    40k- Chaos Space marines - Chaos Daemons - WM/H - Khador - Cygnar - Dystopian wars - EotBS

Brother-Captain

And the "Price Tag of WTF!!!!" :-)

I like the mask and thats about it lol.
    Purge the Weak!

The Mask is cool, but I think the Laurels is the best one, it's like Marneus Calgar's rule but very cheap for the effect. So no more running from casualties from shooting, or from assault. Have a Space Marine IC in the squad too and they can't be Sweeping Advanced, so it's like Hit and Run all of the sudden (if they lose combat that is...when have Guardsmen ever lost combat?). Of course if they had a blob of 50 with Power Axes, Ministorum Priests, and some good allied characters, they might not lose combat!

First-Captain

Trooper Oll made it in there? nice nod to HH
    the Aquila doesn't seem half bad either, but that probably fails on the price front I'd guess?
    The bigger they are, the bigger the mess they make when they step on you. - Ahzek Ahriman, on Titans

Brother-Captain

I like them, they're cool, fluffy and useful I think. I suppose it depends on the points cost, but they sound good.

Veteran-Sergeant

The problem I see is that company command squads are already a top target for the enemy to shoot. The enemy will slay the warlord, turn off the orders, eliminate attached characters like the master of the fleet, not to mention destroying a BS4 unit with a few plasmas or a lascannon and a regimental standard to keep the chaps happy.

This is all fine and a chimera or camo cloaks + ADL will help, but buying these expensive relics just makes your CCS more of a target and more of a points loss when it dies. I shouldn't expect to get more than 1-2 turns use out of the relics.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Cat View Post
    The problem I see is that company command squads are already a top target for the enemy to shoot. The enemy will slay the warlord, turn off the orders, eliminate attached characters like the master of the fleet, not to mention destroying a BS4 unit with a few plasmas or a lascannon and a regimental standard to keep the chaps happy.

This is all fine and a chimera or camo cloaks + ADL will help, but buying these expensive relics just makes your CCS more of a target and more of a points loss when it dies. I shouldn't expect to get more than 1-2 turns use out of the relics.
    Yeah, I guess you want to use them as a cheap source of orders that are as well protected as possible.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Cat View Post

This is why you cant make kitchen sink command squads. if your turning them into buff units then don't give them the plasma guns, spend those points elsewhere so the opponent has to deal with the damage dealers or the buffers but cant do both by killing a single unit.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast