BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Nope. I don't read them as it will spoil the book. But we know he's written about 8 chapters at least now. He really does need to get a move on though, there's probably only three more series before they catch the books up.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

word is that he has told the producers the broad outline of the story in the event that happens

can I just say I've been waiting for the last episode for AGES....Karma is a wonderful

and cercie, truly she is the queen ***** of the universe and so much like her father
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Banned

Well reportedly the producers have been given the general plot outline - who goes where and who kills who etc - of the series so they're going to steam on regardless and finish the series, so the show will become the spoilers not the books after a while it seems.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Gotthammer View Post
    Well reportedly the producers have been given the general plot outline - who goes where and who kills who etc - of the series so they're going to steam on regardless and finish the series, so the show will become the spoilers not the books after a while it seems.
    Deathleaper'd

edit: honestly though, if it takes more than 3 years to finish then I worry that its because the author does not know how to tie the winding threads back together, you see that in epics.

wheel of time almost did it, in fact the only reason it didnt was because the author and his surrogate basically made a point of NOT answering or resolving everything
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

I managed to get all my friends who hadn't read the books to think the Red Wedding episode was a happy interlude episode before a tense finale. One of my crowning achievements. Their suffering still sustains me.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

you know, I think its tywinn that irritates me the most, even more than joffrey.

see joffrey is an idiot and therefore his actions are....understandable.

But Tywinn....he's intelligent, and yet bigotted so much agaisnt his children.

he despises jamie for NOT being a devious son of a *****

Hates Tyrion because even though he is a devious SoB he is "deformed"

and finally hes wont make cercie his heir for no reason other than she is a female (and shes more ruthless and vindictive than he is)

Tywin is my least favourite also. I should like Cersei but sadly despite a lot going for her as a compelling antagonist but GRRM just misses the mark with her. she comes off as needlessly violent and incompetent rather than genuinely ruthless in my opinion.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Tywin is my least favourite also. I should like Cersei but sadly despite a lot going for her as a compelling antagonist but GRRM just misses the mark with her. she comes off as needlessly violent and incompetent rather than genuinely ruthless in my opinion.
    A lot of his "evil" characters do.

take ramsay for example, he literally had no reason to do half the frakked up stuff he does exceot to highlight that he is "evil"

I've always felt that the thing about cercie was that she was out for herself. She doesnt even care about dynasties, as once shed dead the country could rot for all she cares.

thats why some people think it was her who did the recent poisoning, as he had become a threat to her power, through his marriage and his changing attitude

melissandre is a much more interesting female character to be honest, its even shapping up that she might actually be a "good" guy
    Last edited by daboarder; 04-14-2014 at 07:59 AM.

Yeah it's just a shame it happens with Cersei because his female main characters are usually really well done.

Chapter-Master

Umm, that's a massive plot spoiler you are referencing there Dab.

As for Cersi, she's shallow and manipulative because she is insecure in a male dominated world. She tries to control men through sex and seeks to destroy anyone who won't bow to that. I'd say she was a caricature if I didn't know someone who behaved exactly like that.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast